cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

am i a winner!!

jordangibson

am i a winner!!

I know everyone seems to be moaning about speeds but I must be winning some kind of shite speed competition at the moment. 

If I could get half the speed some people on here are unhappy with id be fine but this is worse than dial up, Im tempted to tether my phone at this rate for the speed increase
28 REPLIES 28
Addnan
Grafter

Re: am i a winner!!

This is just appauling. Plusnet better be doing something do fix this issue. Is this after 6pm just like everyone else? Plusnet have to realise that this is a wide spread issue and not just one or two people.
WelshWarrior
Grafter

Not too much better here either mate:

Plusnet are really starting to rattle my cage now. Been with them for 6 years but thinking about moving on to someone who can give me faster than dialup! Next door are with BT and get 7meg so may give them a try.
Azagoth
Grafter

Mine :-
jordangibson

3X faster then me!!!  Wink
I can only dream of the dizzying speeds your getting.
Azagoth
Grafter

Yep, that's me.  I'm living the Plusnet highspeed dream.  Tongue
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Good Grief this threads enough to stop me moaning,unless my speed gets as bad as yours too,October has not been a great month for plusnet and god knows what happened,its like some sadist is flicking got damn switches, or pulling the plug out and in. Embarrassed
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Things aren't fantastic here although I've been suffering DNS lookup failures for a large part of today too. I reckon I might be able to sort that with a reboot although I'm loathe to do that as I'd rather we had a 'broken' connection to aid in our investigations.
One thing that has to be said though is the fact that my speedtest.net results are woeful compared to some of the alternatives:

[quote author="BT Speedtest"]Download speedachieved during the test was - 4223 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 1200-7150 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :5632 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 832 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 4500 Kbps
I'm on ptn-ag1 although earlier the reverse DNS of that gateway was displaying as lts5.bt622-15.plus.net, as seems to have been the case for others over the weekend too.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Addnan
Grafter

My speed compared to other peoples its much higher

But I do get 5.7mbs during the day. This is during peak hours.
WelshWarrior
Grafter

Mine is hideous:

Grff
Grafter

it seemed ok for me yesterday, but now has slowed again.  Even google is taking a while.
This was in October

and tonight

Even mine is better than some people in this thread, to which must be pulling there hair out.  Gaming still seems to ok, just browsing.
Spider
Grafter

Thought I would add mine to the list.

This is on pcl-ag02 and I am on BBYW Pro. I would be interesting to see how the different products compare.
Grff
Grafter

I'm on the older Premier package (no longer available). I'd be surprised if it's any different accross the residential packages, but maybe i'm wrong.
chesterfield
Grafter

Im on PAYG where I am apparently paying for every protocol to have full line speed all the time:

better than some here, but I normally see 5750 to 6500.  Sad
Something is definitely amiss.  I hope we arent going back to the good old "profits before service" days as I refer to them from a few years ago....
James
Grafter

Really not Chesterfield - If you have a look at all of the blogs and announcements we've posted over the last six months, we've lit a number of central's and they're certainly not cheap.