Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adsl2+ and firefox

fotobits
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

adsl2+ and firefox

Since implementing adsl2+ I have been unable to access my online bank account using Firefox.
I can access the account using Internet Explorer and the bank only supports Internet Explorer.
Any ideas how I can fix this problem?  Looking at the Firefox site, it looks as if others have experienced the same problem, however, I have been unable to find the solution.
I only prefer Firefox because I cannot filter out all the adverts on Internet Explorer, if there's a solution to this, I'll change to IE.
Regards
3 REPLIES 3
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: adsl2+ and firefox

Hi there,
A couple of things that might help:
1) You can get a plugin for Firefox called IE tab - this basically uses IE to render the pages but keeps them within the main Firefox window. You can get that from here - there's a couple to choose from Smiley
2) Another option for blocking ads, and one that I use myself (if you don't choose one of the IE tab options with adblock included) is to modify your hosts file on the PC - details on how to do that (and what to modify it to) at this site: http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm
Hope that helps,
David_W
Rising Star

The option I use is Kaspersky Internet Security, it has a built in ad-blocker which works no matter which browser you use, it also helps prevent viruses and other nasty stuff on the internet too.
fotobits
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Very many thanks Matt. I have decided to switch to Internet Explorer and I'm looking at your suggestions.
Most grateful for your speedy respone.
Many thanks for your comment, too, David.  My security is currently entrusted to Norton 360, I have used them for years, so a bit reticent to change.  However, most grateful for your trouble to help.
Regards........