cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adsl working but no internet connection

hfs

adsl working but no internet connection

Hi recently moved to new property (been with plusnet 12 years) & it has taken 30 days to be told i'm connected to broadband. It is Not working! Can see adsl light on netgear router steady green light, internet light red. Have spent 3 hrs on phone with technician ,tested using 2 routers, removed cover used test socket, changed cables to no avail. Plusnet cant see my router on their system. All settings in router look fine(my account details havent changed). They will take 72 hrs to make further tests... I'm worried that this is going to go on for weeks....i work from home and would normally be online all day editing my clients sites. Does anyone have any idea what might be the problem?
2 REPLIES 2
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: adsl working but no internet connection

Is the phone all correct? (if you call your mobile it shows the correct number for the incoming call, 17070 reports the correct number and you receive incoming calls)
Is the correct number shown at the bottom of this page: https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=view_details&s=0
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
AndyT
Grafter

Re: adsl working but no internet connection

Hi hfs,
I'm sorry about the problems you've experienced during your house move.  I've tested your connection and it appears as though there's a fault at the exchange.  I've raised this through to Wholesale who are organising for an engineer to visit the exchange, I'll update ticket:102610684 with the details.