Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adsl router syncing problems

akaneria
Grafter

Re: adsl router syncing problems

hi james,
the same problem is occuring again. The noise margin has shot back up to 11db and the sync speed has dropped again back to 4096kbps. I am still connected to the master socket. Previously since last week my line has been syncing at 7800kbps. The Line Attenuation which is at 22db indicates that it can certinly handle 8meg whcih it has been up till now.
akaneria
Grafter

this is my router stats
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Welcome to BT's auto-configuring ADSL system.
While you may have had the SNR reduced, this does not stop the system going through the same process it did before should it detect what it believes to be a bad line. There is nothing PN can do to stop this happening, its just one of the failings with the BT method of ADSL supply.
akaneria
Grafter

hi,
James was dealing with the problem, and he requested BT to reduce the noise margin down to 6db. This change was made, then for some reason was changed back. If you check out my ticket which i closed, you will be able to see the progress made by James.
James
Grafter

Peter doesn't work for PlusNet.
There has to be a fundamental reason for your SNR changing again.  Did you change your telephone socket again?  If not, the problem may be more widespread than initially expected.
akaneria
Grafter

Hi,
i have not changed a thing on my line or on my netgear adsl router.
James
Grafter

*looks excited*
I'll have a look and see if I can find anything out.
James
Grafter

Thanks for taking the time to speak to me this morning.  As discussed, I've raised your fault with BT as your sync speeds are below the FTR.
I'll let you know as soon as I hear back.
akaneria
Grafter

thanks James, appreciate you phoning.
akaneria
Grafter

Hi james,
I'm not sure if this is a coincidence but on the 25/7/07 tiscili LLU was enabled at my exchange, after which all these syncing problems have been occuring. I also hear that plusnet are using the tiscili llu. Could this be the problem?
One of the bt engineers rang me the other day saying that he was checking the exchange, up to now i havn't heard anything.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

This shouldn't make any difference - we aren't provisioning anyone on the LLU platform any more, so this won't be causing any issues for your line specifically and if something had gone wrong at the exchange then we'd expect to either get a notice from BT for work done or for more users to be reporting a fault.