cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adsl problem or is my router broke?

IanSn
Rising Star

Re: adsl problem or is my router broke?

Please see my response to Townman below. I mistook you for a PN employee.

IanSn
Rising Star

All this I now realise.

(Which makes me a 'rising star' on this forum, apparently)

IanSn
Rising Star

Somehow I've managed to exist for so long without having ever heard of this... 🤔

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi Ian,

Fair do's - and a big thank you for clarifying.

We get so many people around here who do not understand stuff and appear ungrateful of the help offered by people such as @jab1 when they have taken the time to help - very often by doing the same research the questioner could have done for themselves.

When that help is met with such a response, those giving their time so generously and freely become disheartened and ask themselves "Why should I bother trying to help".  All told it impoverishes the forum, when such people stop helping.

It is heartening to know that this was a misunderstanding cause by the 'system level' thank you from the Plusnet support team.  I will ask Plusnet if the can look at reviewing the email notification signatures.

Cheers, Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Yup @Townman 

I agree, PlusNet should make it clearer it is an automated mail (with some kind of statement) to avoid confusion.

IanSn
Rising Star

@Townman It is actually pretty clear when you get home on a bigger screen, but the mobile version (esp if you reply direct from the email notification) really does look like the PN signature at the bottom is that of the sender.