cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adsl broadband

rogerjowett
Grafter

adsl broadband

i'm getting bills for over £50 a month yet we only make calls from ulster to england maybe 8 a month what is going on

also the broadband service 

i can use it with my mobile fone on wifi and browse youtube no problem and watch videos

but if i try to watch the sky at night videos in the magazines bonus content i have to fight with the video to get it to run smoothly without buffering - even some ten minute interview videos take half an hour to watch what is going on with my adsl broadband connection - sometimes it works but when it first goes to an iplayer video it always seems to buffer persistently

please help

7 REPLIES 7
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: adsl broadband

Hi there, 

I've just looked into both issues for you. As the response I need to give contains account sensitive information I've added a response to your account which you can access via this link: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=180250766

Do let me know if there's anything else we can help with. 

Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
rogerjowett
Grafter

true but

the wifi on my fone works and merrily streams video no problem so it does actually work 

and when i get a video up and running it works its just that i have to fight with the videos on my pc to get them to work

also £50 a month is way too much we only make 8 calls from ulster to the uk each month so why is it so expensive are there not cheaper calls after 6pm in the evening the only time we make calls please?

Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

Based on what you are saying I guess that you are out of contract. If you want to reduce the cost you need to take out a new contract. To get the best deal go onto a price comparison site and find the cheapest deal. Then ring Plusnet and select the 'I'm thinking of leaving' option. Ask the agent to match the deal. Also look at call packages to see if you can reduce these costs. See  https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/call-plans/.

Have you considered fixing your speed problem by upgrading to fibre? See here to see what's available. https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/. If you follow the advice above you may find that you can negotiate a fibre and phone package deal for less than you currently pay for ADSL.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

rogerjowett
Grafter

what does it have to do with a contract?

i'm paying you over the odds for fone and broadband and getting a very poor service - you say the speed is what is the matter but the speed is just fine when i use my mobile fone - i think there is another issue

also the fone bill itself is way too much we make a maximum of 8 calss from ulster to the uk each month and we are paying far too much

please help

Baldrick1
Fixes: 419

I'm afraid that I'm only a customer the same as you. I cannot influence the service you are getting. I was just trying to give advice. If your phone bill is too high then consider my advice above.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

If streaming works fine on one device and not another, then I’d suggest the problem is the device not the internet service.

As for phone calls time differentiated call costs disappeared along time ago. If you have a legacy PlusNET phone service with free evenings and weekend calls (up to 60 minutes) then that’s 7pm to 7am, not after 6pm as you believed.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Being out of contract does make a difference as it tends to mean any discounts applied as part of any deal or special offer will have expired. With regards to the costs I think it's something you've not realised. 

I've added specific advice relating to this on the same ticket for you. 

With regards to speeds it could likely be either an issue with the devices that don't stream properly as others have mentioned, also it could be an issue with WiFi signal strength, with that in mind there'd be no harm in following the steps here: https://goo.gl/BBd2Tu

Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team