cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adsl 2+ upgrade - slow

thedudeabides

adsl 2+ upgrade - slow

Hi all,
I know for some that my query might sound a bit pedantic and I apologise in advance for those experiencing painfully slow speeds - so here goes:
Plusnet recently emailed to inform me that my exchange had been upgraded to ADSL2+ and they would move me to the faster speeds - whi h has now been done.
My Router  reports that my profiled rate has increased to 16996 down and 448 up. I was at first nervous with excitement at what speeds I might get. So I waited for the line to settle down and BT/plusnet to their respective 'things' behind the scenes. However, its now over 2 weeks since the move and my speeds are sitting at the same rates as before. Mybroadbandspeed consistently reports 6500-6600kps down and 376kbps and this hasn't changed since the move to ADSL2.
I've read all of the troubleshooting guides and ran all the tests advised but I can't see why my speed hasn't changed.
I had considered that this is just the max speed my line can take but I'm very close to the exchange and my gut feeling is it can go faster - as useless as that statement really is!
I'll cut to the chase, here are my stats from the Plusnet sticky info at the top of this forum:
Mode: ADSL_2 PLUS
Noise (0.1db) Down:58
Noise (0.1db) Up: 252
Attenuation down: 230
Attenuation up: 113
Attainable Rate Down: 19956
Attainable Rate up: 20252
Rate Down: 16966
Rate up: 448
With this in mind, could it be that Plusnet haven't updated my line profile their end?
I know this sounds incredibly selfish when others are having real troubles but its just bugging me!
Cheers guys
Marcus

5 REPLIES 5
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: adsl 2+ upgrade - slow

Check it out here.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Have you checked the IP profile using the BT speedtest
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI thedudeabides,
One of the systems is showing your profile as 14000 so I've lifted the profile at our end to match that. Let me know if you don't see that your end after the next half hour.
Jojo Smiley
thedudeabides

God has a special place for you Jojo - I now get 12.7 Kbps! Awesome work and I can't thank you enough.
Thanks the quick response and I'll see you in heaven....
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'm not planning on going there anytime soon. I'm also hoping you mean 12.7 Mbps and not 12.7 Kbps. Smiley