Did you mean: 

YouTube upload problems

dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Re: YouTube upload problems

Which router are the logs from?
The other thing I noticed with the game was that it took an absolute age to find a game, I've just set it going now and it's been trying about 3 minutes (says Expending Search at the moment). The other day it took over an hour. I'll see if there's anything in the log when it's found a game and reply back.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
Razer
Grafter

The PN one. Um, TG528n, is it? Or should that be 582 Huh I always get confused with the numbers.
Yeah, the Expanding Search is what it does after Searching Abstergo Agents. Lately for me it's Searching Abstergo agents for a few seconds, then Searching for a session and that's for a few seconds and it moves me to another session where there are usually other players waiting. Sometimes it will fill up straight away, or stick on 5/6 for ages - that's often when I have errors, especially when that suddenly drops to 1/6 and the cycle begins again. That said, the router can fill up with those errors when I'm stuck waiting 5/6 and I usually know they're going to be there. When it's stuck waiting it goes through the cycle of Searching For Abstergo Agents/Searching For A Session/Expanding Search, on and on. It was like this for me way back in January, then it improved for a while after I'd been posting here, though still problematic, and since July it's gone back to this. I know that if I wait when it's stuck I would be waiting for an hour. I won't do that. That is why I go through my cycle of switching the settings of Game Application/Game Mode/Ping Responder and/or hopping gateway because that usually fixes it for a short period until it all begins again with the same errors. Round and round it goes and that's what drives me mad with it, did before.
EDIT: I'm just going to try and have another session, which means logging out here and restarting in my other OS where my game is installed, so if you ask me anything I won't see it until I've finished gaming and reboot into 'this' OS and sign into forum.
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I gave up after 30 minutes, no game found.
Checked the router log and I've got a couple of similar entries to you.
Just tried enabling ping on the WAN and game mode and giving it another try.
Dave Tomlinson
Plusnet Technology
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Tried doing this from link below:
This is the path on Windows 7:
Windows Control Panel/
Network and Internet/
View Network Computers Devices/
Right click on your Router's Icon and choose Properties
Select Settings
add all ports mentioned
12000 UDP
7917 UDP
55674 UDP
12001 UDP
9100 UDP
49928 TCP

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/640370-Assassin-s-Creed-Brotherhood-PC-Connection-issues
Closed and restarted the game and Ubisoft Launcher and within 30 seconds joined a game!
Dave Tomlinson
Plusnet Technology
Razer
Grafter

I've seen that before, way back when I first started playing the game. I may even have mentioned it in my original thread on the game. Anyway, the damn thing annoyed me beyond belief. 'Add blah blah to your network'. I don't have a 'network' I just have my computer and that's it. Anyway, the 'instructions' there bear no relation to what I have on my XP machine.
Control Panel>
Network Connections>
Internet Connection>
(Right click) Properties> Settings
add all ports mentioned above.

There is no "Internet Connection" &gt (sic*), so no properties to click. *my [Censored] take on the fact it's obvious someone who doesn't know what they're talking about has just copy/pasted that text.
Under 'LAN or High-Speed Internet' there is the item for my ethernet card (I don't see how an ethernet card constitutes a 'network'), but even on the properties for that there is no 'Settings' button, other than on the Windows Firewall tab (which isn't a 'network' either), and I don't use the Windows Firewall, I have always had that piece of junk disabled. In fact, on the system I play the game on I don't run any kind of firewall so as to eliminate any possibility of such things interfering with the game. Same with AV a la typical suggestions with game problems one sees on the internet 'disable everything that secures your system and bend over'. That's why I set up a separate OS for gaming because I'm not prepared to run my usual system with no security. GRRR. Anyway, Dave, if you can figure out how the hell I'm supposed to translate the suggestion of that page to my system, I would be grateful. Aside from that, I was going to say to you about waiting for games. You are picking the most popular mode, right? You get far more players on Wanted. The other modes always take ages for matches to fill up enough to play (I personally don't play them anyway because I don't really like them, and Assassinate is just lunacy from what I've seen). Well, you may already be choosing Wanted, but if you're not and can't figure it out:
PLAY_
PLAYER MATCH_
CREATE GROUP
GAME MODE
LAUNCH

It's the 'Game Mode' where you choose, well, your game mode, lol. Just in case you couldn't find it. Then you can go to launch. Choosing other modes, and else beside 'Player Match', like 'Ranked' is going to be a long wait every time.
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I think I've found it.
Go to control panel
Network Connections
Right click on the LAN connection and click properties
Scroll down the list and click Internet Protocol TCP/IP
Click Properties
Click Advanced
Click Options Tab
Click Properties
If enable TCP/IP filtering is enabled disable it
Click OK, OK, OK
Click Advanced tab, if the firewall is on click settings and add the ports above.
Dave Tomlinson
Plusnet Technology
Razer
Grafter

Hi Dave.
No, I don't have TPC/IP filtering enabled, and as I said before, I don't use the Windows Firewall at all. I have always had it completely disabled. That is, Windows Firewall/ICS service disabled in Services.
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

OK, after trying it again I think I was just lucky as it then wouldn't find a game. I've given Kelly the game to try out on a non-Plusnet connection.
Dave Tomlinson
Plusnet Technology
Razer
Grafter

I hope he's using the same account, I think the game code gets tied to your uplay account and if I understand things correctly you can only play multiplayer having validated with the code. Perhaps you all use a single PN account, however. Huh
I did a bit of investigating with the Windows Firewall/ICS service, and without enabling the firewall, I input the ports where I thought they perhaps should be, according to the general direction you gave (see attached images). It doesn't seem logical to me that it would have any effect because as said, it's the firewall and not a 'network', but the amount of errors appearing in the router log were heavily reduced. Consequential or coincidental, I don't know. It did also, however, make gaming even worse, so I have since disabled the service again. I did manage to get a few games yesterday, but they were lagging heavily - that said, I did manage to get a stunning win in the last match, getting the best session score I've ever had. Strange.
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Regarding the gaming (not youtube uploads), I searched the Internet for "connection timerconfig udpidle". As is usual for anything involving technicolor firmware, there's no authoritative source of what anything means. The relevant default setting lines from the user.ini saved settings file are:
[ connection.ini ]
appconfig application=GAME(UDP) trace=disabled timeout=60 childqos=None
appconfig application=CONE(UDP) trace=disabled timeout=300 childqos=None
appconfig application=LOOSE(UDP) trace=disabled timeout=300 childqos=None
timerconfig timer=udpidle value=1

There's a dubious sounding fix for gaming issues, which seems to have been copied and pasted to various places. The fact that the fix is changing all 4 values (60, 300, 300 and 1), to 3, makes it sound a bit doubtful.
There's probably a load of tracing that could be enabled in an attempt to determine if the gaming issues could be due to the technicolor not being able to keep track of all the UDP traffic.
Razer
Grafter

^My mind -->  Crazy <-- Officially boggled.
-------------
Haven't had time to do any more upload tests today, been bogged down with the game; no multiplayer available at all since last night, most of today and this evening so trying the next in the series and being totally lost. Multiplayer just became available again, but I gave up when the errors started within a couple of minutes.
I hope this YT upload problem can be fixed soon. I have a large backlog for upload.
EDIT:
Kelly, if you've been trying to test the game at all over this weekend it's likely you wouldn't have had much success. It appears that the servers have been offline for most of it because multiplayer has been unavailable. It is just running again but very problematic (all quite aside from my particular problems). I checked with a couple of other players who've experienced the same unavailability. Hopefully they'll have it running properly soon.
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

I've tried a couple of times and not managed to find a game 😕
I'm thinking it doesn't have a lot of players and that's why it can take a while?
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Razer:  I'm wondering if this could be an MTU issue?  That would certainly tie in with one particular site performing differently than others.  What OS are you running?
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Razer
Grafter

There are loads of players, Kelly. I've logged well over 700 different players in the last few months, and new ones are appearing every day. There has in fact been a bursting of new players in the last two months.
I'm on XP. I don't see how it can be an MTU issue as that didn't change when I made some alteration back in March and as you will see, the only alteration I made was to RWIN. It didn't make any difference to my gaming and doesn't account for the worsening in July and the appearance of the YT upload problem the same month.
EDIT:
Moreover, no changes being made in MTU cannot account for the massive increase in all those hec, fec whatever, errors.
Razer
Grafter

Sinking, sinking ...
---
Thank you for your email, Adam.
I've been looking at some of the outstanding gaming issues in this forum and I've just learned from Dave that a new signature for A/C Brotherhood has been generated by our suppliers and should be implemented next week.

I was aware of the signature as mentioned in this and my other thread. Thanks for letting me know. We'll see what does or does not happen.
I've not seen any recent posts from you regarding this but thought it best to let you know. Drop me a reply if you've any concerns or questions about it.

That's maybe because the gaming issues came up in this thread so you could easily have missed them.
----------
ACB continues to be problematic. On the other hand I installed ACR and it runs without problem or router error messages. As soon as I switch to ACB, the problems and errors begin. I guess the team want to wait for this signature rollout (which given that the temporary done by Dave didn't help, I'm not hopeful for. As said, we'll see).
As to YT, I did more testing yesterday and it's still stalling. Bob, have you had any chance to look at those captures?
Thanks.