cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YouTube Video uploading

Razer
Grafter

Re: YouTube Video uploading

For those wondering, my problem was not MTU. I have never made any alteration to my MTU settings. I have only ever altered my RWIN:
YT uploads ran fine for a long time with my altered RWIN.
When my YT upload (or 'nopeload' as I took to calling it) problem started, other uploads elsewhere continued to run fine.
Wireshark showed a LOT of packet retransmissions.
Resetting my TCP/IP stack (at the least) coincided with a 'cure' of my YT upload problems.
MikesMovies
Grafter

Quote from: spraxyt
The download test result is very good. RWIN is 256960 which is fine and settings shown for the other parameters seem OK to me.
However the MTU sending and receiving MTUs look peculiar, 32160 and 1500 bytes respectively. is 32K the value set on the router? The test shows that oddity doesn't appear to affect download, but not sure if it will upset uploads.

Hi, I sadly don't understand my router is the one that came with PlusNet, Technicolor Gateway Product Name:  TG582n Software Release:  8.4.4.J .
System Configuration 
This page summarizes the current configuration of your Technicolor Gateway.

Service Configuration
This section contains information regarding the service configuration currently applying to your Technicolor Gateway.

Service Name: Routed PPPoA on 0/38 (modified by user)  (don't recall ever modding anything)

Time Configuration

Time Source: Automatic

Date: 12-09-2013

Time: 20:35:21

Timezone: (UTC)

Summer Time: Yes

Time Since Power-on: 13 days, 6:36:23

Time Server 1: ntp.plus.net

System Configuration

Web Browsing Interception: Automatic

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

I would not expect your computer's Receive Window would have a great impact on uploads.
The tweak tester gave me a result including:
Max packet sent (MTU): 16100
Max packet recd (MTU): 1500
I wouldn't worry about it.
MikesMovies
Grafter

OK thanks, all I'd be interested to see what the PlusNet people make of the wireshark stuff I sent them?
We seem to have covered a lot of things, many of which I only have a weak understanding of.
So I'd like to round things up a little.
Are my computer settings ok?
Is my router set up properly?
I have noticed that when I disable Kaspersky Internet Securities I seem to get an initially faster upload to YouTube, it jumps to maybe 15% but then hangs there, where as with KAS running it hangs around 8%.
I have Youtube.com as exceptions so it should not be interfering.
Its a very odd problem this, but at least if I make double sure my end is correct when I eventually do get a reply from YouTube I can make them aware.
Thanks chaps, its been an education.
MikesMovies
Grafter

I did find a way to display my network settings, oddly the MTU has gone back to being 1500 but I also have the MTU  32768 showing???
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just an idea, but do you have your old modem/router from your previous ISP to try ?, 
as using something else just might make the difference.
MikesMovies
Grafter

Thanks but I don't sadly!
dick:quote
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Quote from: MikesMovies
I did find a way to display my network settings, oddly the MTU has gone back to being 1500 but I also have the MTU  32768 showing???

The MTU of 32768 is on the loopback interface which the computer uses for passing information between its own processes. That needs to be as fast as possible, and it is. So that's fine.
David
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Odd thing I notice with one I am uploading just now, its being sent in bursts not a steady upload.  File size of 80mb it should take about 20 mins give or take with my capped upload but its 52% in and 18 mins left.
So fired up performance monitor and its spiking every two seconds with a pause every second
edit take 2: attachment added
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
MikesMovies
Grafter

Yes, that looks like mine as well, however after a while it seems to become bursts with a min between!
jim:quote
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

if your running windows 7 or 8 you have a few options one is to change the tcp settings, ctcp works a lot better than the default tcp stuff, the netshinterface doesn't list your ipv4 or 6 settings nor does it have any mention of stackloading settings which could aslo be causeing a problem,

try running a dns flush deleting all temp internet + cookie files running a non download av scanner (something like trend micro's housecall is a good alternative to downloaded products just to rule out corruption) 
check your firewall allow list, the YT page mentions craptime settings, which means you have it installed and running and its causeing your YT uploads to not work .......probably because its too busy messing up all your network settings, like most things crapple its nasty and limiting
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
MikesMovies
Grafter

Hi, I am on Windows XP, what is craptime settings please? crapple? thanks
jim:quote
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

that explains a lot, XP is getting downgraded to unsupported  there are rumours MS released some not so kosher updates a few months ago to mess up network settings on XP in an attempt to drive people into upgrading to something supported (which means 7 or 8 but I'd wait and see if they do the Xmass cheap digital download versions again)

....crapple = slang for anything apple related its all icrap .... also QuickTime is a nasty spyware ridden piece of trash that messes up windows no end
as for other problems

since you don't have the option to use a different router to test if that is failing and causing the problem you really need to eliminate the desktop settings as a problem and the most effective way to do this is  follow the guide on here http://www.hanselman.com/blog/HowToResetYourTCPIPStackUnderWindowsXP20002003.aspx
the real problem is most likely a registry key corruption but running the reset command *should replace all of the required keys* not a guaranteed fix of course but its a start
as for the apple stuff I know its personal taste but after what QuickTime did to my pc in 04 there's not a hope in hell I would install anything from them out of choice again
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you
MikesMovies
Grafter

ITS FIXED  Cheesy Grin Grin Shocked
attached a screen shot during the process of uploading, note the progress and time on the big transfer, in the end it took just 13 mins to upload 149 mb!!!
I'll try and put everything together that I tried by the rest I did seems to have been greatly involved.
Thanks all, be back to you.
MikesMovies
Grafter

Was thinking of putting this out there to help others, what do you think?