Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You're approaching your usage allowance email not sent again

voyager
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

You're approaching your usage allowance email not sent again

Hello
I have broadband with a 10G limit and until December 2013 I always got a warning message when my usage went over 8G.
Last last month the warning message did not arrive; I posted a message under 'Feedback' and was told that was because I used 2G within a couple of hours just before the new payment period started. I was not exactly over the moon having to pay £5  for additional 5G and using only a fraction of it.
Today, when I checked my usuage,  I realised that again the warning message had not been sent.
I rang the Plusnet Helpdesk and your colleague told me both messages were sent and I could check this in my Plusnet email account. He gave me the details to the email account (I did not know I had one with Plusnet). I did check and no, the 'we take your payment' warning was there but no sign of the 'you're approaching your usage allowance' emails for the beginning of January and February 2014.
Can you please look into this - it would be absolutely brilliant, if you could send me the usage warning in the future.
Best regards
Andrea
6 REPLIES 6
stevee8

Re: You're approaching your usage allowance email not sent again

Same here. Email about taking extra payment received but no advanced warnings at 80% usage as in the past.
This seems to have occurred since the start of 2014.
Is this a new policy by Plusnet ?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

To misquote never blame malice when incompetence is more likely
Louiew

This has also happened to me last month got charged £5 but no warning email. Tonight I have received two emails within hours one telling me over 10gb limit and will take £5 followed by another saying over 15gb so will take another £5. No warning email at all. Did change to unlimited but it doesn't kick in till the 6th February. This can't be fair and can't understand the unexplained usage either.
avatastic
Grafter

The messages should also appear as tickets in your account here. No doubt Plusnet will say that if they show there, then the e-mail must have been sent too. If they're not showing there I'd probably raise a complaint requesting a refund as a process has clearly broken somewhere.
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)

I went just over the limit in December. I never recieved a warning only the email to say I had exceeded my limit so they would add more and charge me £5. This was the day before my monthly billing period. Total usage for the month was 10.13G.  Annoying, why are Plusnet not sending warning emails, I guess its a money making exercise.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Really sorry that you've not received your usage warning e-mails.
We're having this investigated under Problem: 77152.