cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet another sufferer of slow-down!

RedSupra

Yet another sufferer of slow-down!

As I understand things, there should be little to no slow-down for general surfing.
Of late though, and I'm thinking about the last three to four weeks, I've noticed that afternoon and evening speeds are rubbish. Sites that during the day load almost instantly now take much longer, Youtube clips pause and stutter every few seconds etc etc.
Now, I know that we're on Ye Olde Broadband Plus and we only have 4gb of off-peak allowance but we're not close to it and I think we've only ever exceeded it a few time (and then not by much).
I've run all the checks. I'm getting 3000-4000 as my connection speed. The speedtest site agrees. I'm even plugged directly into the master socket with a high quality filter so what gives? Everything says that I should be having a happy internet experience but, in practice, that's just not happening.
Is there some kind of 'mistake' with Plusnet's traffic shaping prioritisation?
2 REPLIES 2
Denzil
Grafter

Re: Yet another sufferer of slow-down!

Could just be congestion at your exchange. Afternoon and evening are peak times. What does <a href="http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/">the exchange checker</a> say? Try raising a support ticket - the PN staff will have access to more detailed information about exchange capacity.
RedSupra

Re: Yet another sufferer of slow-down!

Sorry, I neglected to mention exchange checker. All is fine there too.