cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yes, additional speed issues.

Lotusxyx
Grafter

Re: Yes, additional speed issues.

By the way, is it possible to see if I'm on an ADSL or ADSL2 line?  I'd like to see if it's possible to improve my upload speed, that's all.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The router stats you posted show DSL Type: G.992.5 annex A, which is ADSL2+. So you can ask for your upload speed to be uncapped giving up to 1kbps upstream sync.
David
Lotusxyx
Grafter

Thanks for the information, I'll see about getting that raised as soon as possible.  :).
adie:quote
spraxyt
Resting Legend

With a bit of luck you'll get rather more than I said previously - should be up to 1Mbps Embarrassed
When replying please use the Reply button below the posts. This will avoid full quotes of the previous post being added. These are unnecessary on flat-forums such as those on this site and make the topic harder for others to follow.
David
Lotusxyx
Grafter

Seem to be having constant disconnects now... I've had two in the last 20 mins.  
*EDIT* That's three now.  This is getting really silly.
*EDIT* Four times.  What on earth is going on?
spraxyt
Resting Legend

Is your target noise margin increasing (and sync speed decreasing) as a result of these disconnects?
David
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI Lotusxyx,
This can happen in the first 10 days.
Jojo Smiley
Lotusxyx
Grafter

Oh right, fair enough.  Thanks JoJo.  It did sort it self out. It was about an hour whith disconnects every 10-20 mins.  Very odd.  I didn't reply as I went to bed in the end, would there be any point in posting my noise margin now?
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Lotusxyx,
to be honest I wouldn't bother looking at your figures too much before the 10 days is up. Once that's out of the way we can then start to look at getting you the best for your line.
Jojo Smiley
Lotusxyx
Grafter

After having a good connection all day and last night (after disconnection) the speed has dropped quite badly now :(.

Any ideas if this will pick up today at all?
Also, since the switch-over we've been getting a lot of crackling sound down our phoneline, making telephone calls difficult to comprehend.  Is there anything that may be causing this?  Any possible solutions?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

The phone line problems will be causing problems with the broadband. You must not wait for the 10 days to address this problem but report it to whoever you pay for your phone rental immediately. It is important that you raise this as a telephone fault and not mention broadband. Once the phone is fixed the broadband will almost certainly sort itself out.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Lotusxyx
Grafter

Funny you should say that, because I get my line rental and Phone from...Plusnet.  Should I address the issue here, or phone up customer services?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Ring up customer services and make sure they are fully aware of the phone problems.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI Lotusxyx,
I'll get someone to look at this for you. We believed the phone fault was resolved so passed the ticket back to you on the 21st. I'll pick it up and pass it back with your latest comments.
Jojo Smiley
Lotusxyx
Grafter

Thanks very much, I've received a text from PN, as well as a missed call - I was just too late :/.  I appreciate you getting on to this so quick, it really does show great customer service.  
*EDIT*  Spoke to one of your representatives just now , and the line seems perfectly clear.  Not sure what the problem was, but it seems to have worked itself out.