cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yahoo Messanger webcam

manojrobert

Yahoo Messanger webcam

Hello All,
    I am not able to see others webcam in yahoo messenger (even after receiving the invite). I face this problem only when I am connected to my Plus net network. IF I am connected to any other network like openzone or 3 mobile networks I am able to view the webcam. Can you please let me know how to get this issue resolved?
Thanks
Manoj
5 REPLIES 5
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: Yahoo Messanger webcam

The only thing I can think of is that your Plusnet connection is so slow that it cannot provide enough bandwidth for a webcam image.  Have you looked at the connection speed at all?  Do other video streaming applications like YouTube videos or the BBC iPlayer run okay via Plusnet?    
manojrobert

Hello Mr.Richard,
    I am able to do a video chat in skype, watch video in youtube, BBC etc, Facing this problem only in yahoo video chat.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Maybe worth checking whether you have the plusnet broadband firewall activated, try this link: https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=firewall
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
manojrobert

Thanks walter,
  The firewall is disabled. I did check the settings again.
I strongly feel this has got something to do with my router settings......
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi manojrobert,
Have you had a look in the Yahoo help guide? There's also some more possible related topics here.
Jojo Smiley