Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X where teapot used to be

Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

X where teapot used to be

I have tried to get to the BT tester, but where a steaming pot used to be there is now a red X. I have changed no setting as far as am aware. Is it me or BT? If me, how do I correct?
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
36 REPLIES 36
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: X where teapot used to be

well my coffee pot showed for all of 1 second and then the red X  and I dont normally have trouble  P.S. didnt know java was famed for Tea
techguy
Grafter

Uninstall all versions of java and just load the latest version from http://www.java.com as if you have multiple versions/updates then the browser can become confused when the code does not specify a specific Java Runtime Environment (JRE)

techguy
Grafter

Just to confirm the speedtester is loading properly (just tested loading it on a PC connected to ADSL we have for testing external access)
I cant run a full test as don't have the line's phone number (such things are known to managers only round here)
pierre_pierre
Grafter

would do any good, you have to know the phone number and connection details for the link you are testing.
Why does the BT speedtest not keep up with the Java?, just about to test but my Mini Linux job, I cant change the Java and that works usiually
pierre_pierre
Grafter

no my Linux Mini doesnt work, suggest that it is the PN side this time,  Techguy, I take it your Work is not on PN Line
pierre_pierre
Grafter

my current Java is
Java Plug-in 1.6.0_07
Using JRE version 1.6.0_07 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

That tester hasn't worked in anything other than IE for me for ages, I use Opera and it used to work but not anymore
edit: hmm I should have checked in IE before replying first, looks like the site is broken or changed, fails to load in IE as well now with the same issue
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I see that they have changed  Java
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Great - just installed the latest Java - anything making a Java call crashes Firefox  and IE
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Uninstalled the latest Java, switched off Firefox, Reinstalled.  Doesnt crash Firefox now, but still the bid X  Same with IE, now runs OK but still the bid X
Luzern
Hero

In Mozilla forum I found http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=875105&p=4594305&hilit=jre+6+update+7#p4594305
Being a rocking horse it leaves me coldm but if any of you can find something there, please tell the likes of me Crazyin simple terms. Smiley
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
techguy
Grafter

Set security to default level in IE
Click Advanced tab and scroll to security at the bottom of the lst, make sure that the option to allow active content to run in files on my computer is ticked.
Please also disable/uninstall all toolbars as these can cause issues as they often include script blobking/pop-up blocking.
Also in my experience, some Internet Security products with script blocking/heuristic behaviour analysis can cause problems with legitimate scripts, so switch off these specific features before running these tests.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

but it was working ok 3 days ago
Luzern
Hero

Potty in FF now appears momentarily then is over come by the X Angry Angry Angry