cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Worst provider I have ever switched to

ic1101

Worst provider I have ever switched to

I've been with plusnet now for around 25 days. it took ages for the switch to happen, plusnet messed up and there was a 8day gap of no internet due to their mess up, when i finally got turned on, I had nothing but connectivity issues.
For the past 20 days, the internet has cut out at least once a day, usually a couple of times each day. There has been a few days of complete no internet for hours, this is another one of those days, and I've finally had my fill with this company. It is now 9pm on a sunday night and my internet has been in and out for the past 1hour 30mins with a total uptime of about 2minutes, where pages won't even load.
Again I am now forced back to using my parents sky broadband which is working fine. This is unacceptable, I ring the support line and the call quality is so bad, I cannot make out what the automated service is saying, i've tried on 2 house phones (my lines and my parents line) 3 mobiles, all on different networks and through skype via my parents broadband. So the call quality problem is at plusnets end, surprise ser f'in surprise.
When i finally make out what the phone call is saying, it says "we are expecting you to wait 40mins" and we'll charge you too, no thank you plusnet. How do i get decent support? the call quality is not possible + the wait time. I want serious compensation from this or I'll just fucking cancel my direct debit with plusnet as this is literally the WORST ISP i've ever switched to in over 6 years.
I've only been a customer for 25 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3 REPLIES 3
Mattz0r
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: Worst provider I have ever switched to

Hey there,
Sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your connection.
Have you gone through the dropping connection checks from our support guides ADSL - Fibre?
If you've followed these steps already, your best option is to raise a fault online at http://faults.plus.net - This will bypass the need to wait on the phone. Usually the wait times are considerably less during the day, before about 6pm. You can also check the wait times on our webiste at http://csc.plus.net before you call in.
Hope this helps
Regards,
Matt
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

Quote from: ic1101

When i finally make out what the phone call is saying, it says "we are expecting you to wait 40mins" and we'll charge you too, no thank you plusnet.

They won't charge you if you use the freephone number 0800 432 0200  Wink
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Last night your connection was dropping around once a minute from around 8pm to 9pm, did you have any other electrical devices on during that specific period but not at other times? Heating, fans, microwave?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.