Wireless router

ForeverArsenal
Grafter

Wireless router

Hi
Anyone at Plusnet please.
Back in May I changed my broadband package from pay as you go to
Broadband your way option 3.
At the time I think I had the option to have a free wireless router which I did not take up at the time as I did not need one.
My own Netgear router is now playing up, so question is could I still get the free wireless one that came with option 3 ??.
Also way back there was mention of the BT hub might be available,any news on that please.
Barry
7 REPLIES 7
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Re: Wireless router

Just raise a ticket, ask for the router and agree to the £5.99 delivery charge - note you need to have a valid credit card on your account for the payment.
The BT Vision based products (which i think includes the Home Hub) are planned for early 2008 now, as far as I know. It was hoped it could be done this year but the whole security saga a few months back put back some major projects to next year.
ForeverArsenal
Grafter

Quote from: Peter
Just raise a ticket, ask for the router and agree to the £5.99 delivery charge - note you need to have a valid credit card on your account for the payment.

Hi Peter.
Many thanks for your reply,will raise ticket shortly.
Baz
James
Grafter

We're still looking at early 2008 (provisionally January) for the Home Hub.  Of course this may be subject to change.
Barry - As Peter said, just raise a ticket and we'll be more than happy to get you a wireless router (Voyager 2110) sent out.
ForeverArsenal
Grafter

Quote from: Jameseh

Barry - As Peter said, just raise a ticket and we'll be more than happy to get you a wireless router (Voyager 2110) sent out.

Hi James
Many thanks for your reply.
As regards the voyager 2110 I believe I could use/connect this
to my desktop comp by ethernet cable  ???.
Iwould prefer to connect like this rather than wireless as I've only got the one computer,could I do this ??.
Also I'm a little confused if I would have to buy a voyager 1055 usb adapter to be able to enter router menu to configure settings.
Would appreciate advice please before purchase.
Hope I've made myself clear,not to well up on these things ,
to old  Sad
Barry
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Does your computer have an Ethernet or network port? If so then you can just connect the router to that, you won;t need any adapter and the router comes with an Ethernet cable as well.
ForeverArsenal
Grafter

Hi Peter.
Thanks for quick reply.
My desktop comp has ethernet cable port which I'm useing at the mo and can also be run wireless (is that a network port) I know it
has a wireless card in it,and says on front *wireless lan*.
Would I be able to enter the router setup similar to my DG384 by typing a address in my browser to enter user name/password and does it auto pick up +net server settings as my DG384 ?.
Thanks for your time.
Barry
cp:blue Quote from previous post removed. mod:end
ForeverArsenal
Grafter

Many thanks PJ for the link and reply,great help.
Barry
[Moderator's note by Jonathan (chillypenguin):  Once again please can I ask that you do not quote the full preceding post. ]