Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless router unstable? Please help

JayChan
Dabbler

Wireless router unstable? Please help

Hi,
I just had the engineer come to install the line for the broadband. We ran some checks with the ethernet cable and everything is fine and good. But everytime I try to not use the ethernet cable I'm unable to connect to the internet via wireless. Sometimes the router itself would even disappear from the available network list. I tried using different devices and the same problem seems to occur. Can anyone shed some light on this please?
Kind regards,
J
7 REPLIES 7
shure
Grafter

Re: Wireless router unstable? Please help

Have you tried using a different wireless channel?
JayChan
Dabbler

Not sure how I go about doing that?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi,
You can find further information on how to that <a href="http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/wireless_broadband/wireless_signal.shtml">here</a>  Smiley
JamesDanjoux

Quote from: JayChan
Hi,
I just had the engineer come to install the line for the broadband. We ran some checks with the ethernet cable and everything is fine and good. But everytime I try to not use the ethernet cable I'm unable to connect to the internet via wireless. Sometimes the router itself would even disappear from the available network list. I tried using different devices and the same problem seems to occur. Can anyone shed some light on this please?
Kind regards,
J
Scrap the white router and get yourself a new router, they barely do anything. Even a BT hub is better than the cheap technicolor routers. Pay cheap buy twice (the router, not  the service)
James
HughA
Grafter

I wouldn't scrap the router just yet JayChan.  The PlusNet router, while not the best available, is quite capable of reasonable wireless performance.  If it turns out to be faulty I'm sure PlusNet will replace it for you.
JamesDanjoux

Buy yourself a decent router any branded ones of ebay would be good enough with Plusnet! If you have fibre make sure it is a cable router not ADSL and if you are with ADSL make sure you get a adsl router. a cable router is with a LAN input or AKA ethernet input.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@JayChan
As mentioned I believe you should be able to resolve this by changing wireless channels, if that doesn't work a factory reset might be a good idea.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team