cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless connection

acornhouse

Wireless connection

I had connected my computer to my daughters upstairs  wirelessly via netgear. Has worked superb but daughters computer developed fault and had to be restored back to factory settings. Cannot now get a connection to my daughters computer. Any suggestions as it is driving me mad.
2 REPLIES 2
notheruser
Grafter

Re: Wireless connection

Hi acornhouse - you're going to need to give some  a lot more information before anyone can help you with that! The more the better. To begin with, are these Desktops or Laptops? Are you using USB wireless adapters, or built-in wireless? What OS's are on the computers? What is the Netgear you refer to? (A model number would help). Is your daughters the one accessing the internet? If so, how? Via a wired or wireless router?
The more you can tell us, the better chance there is that someone here will be able to help you out.
mjtuohy
Grafter

Re: Wireless connection

Have you re'installed the netgear drivers?. I know that whenever my son reformats our pc's, He has to re install the wireless drivers, they should be on the disc that came with. Or you can download them from the netgear site. Also you will need to enter any security  codes you have on the main pc for netgear on to the security settings page of any pc that the netgear product in used on to allow for wireless connection. Hope this helps and that I am not teaching you to suck eggs. Martin