cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Trouble on Thomson router/gateway

dhiggs

Wireless Trouble on Thomson router/gateway

Hi I've had plus net for a few months but my wireless has recently stopped working. When I try to connect my computer finds the network and asks for the network key. I put the key in, but I then get a message saying it was unable to connect and would I like to troubleshoot.
I've had this problem on my Windows 7 laptop and my sister's vista laptop.
Both laptops and the desktop machines we have in the house work fine when hardwired into the router but that isnt very convenient!
I've just formatted my laptop to a clean install of windows 7 and put the latest wifi drivers on it but it still wont connect I get the same trouble as before.
I did a factory setting reset of the router earlier too but that didnt work either Sad
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance...
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Wireless Trouble on Thomson router/gateway

dhiggs,
The only other thing we could recommend trying is to update the firmware on the router. The  necessarry files can be downloaded from here if you fancy giving that a go: http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=1265094.
Failing that let us know and we'll arrange a replacement to be shipped out to you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dhiggs

I gave that a go but it didnt work unfortunately.
There was some sort of error in the upgrade process. I'm a bit reluctant to go too mad fiddling with it anyway as its the only router I have, and at least it lets the hardwired machines online at the moment. However, it is a bit of a pain not having wireless functionality, so is it possible to have a replacement sent out?
If so, is it sufficient for me to just ask here or do I have to call someone up or something?
Thanks for trying anyway Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi dhiggs,
I've arranged for a new router to be sent out to you, so hopefully this will sort that out for you.
Jojo Smiley