cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Router will not connect to media device

WRGal88

Wireless Router will not connect to media device

Good afternoon,
I have just moved over from Sky to Plus net for fibre broadband. I have a Cyclone Nano+ Media box and even though it recognises the wireless device it will not connect when inputting my SSID. This was working ok when I was with Sky.  Angry
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Regards
6 REPLIES 6
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Wireless Router will not connect to media device

Hi there,
Sorry to hear that, guessing though you mean wireless password rather than SSID (the wireless network name)?
If so, d'you get any errors or is it just that the authentication is rejected? The password is case sensitive, not sure if that has anything to do with it?
JamesM
Grafter

I sometimes get this with my PS3 when I reset all my wireless stuff, what works for me is to click on broadcast SSID, let it connect, then I hide my SSID.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Ahhh that makes sense, sorry should have thought you might be hiding the SSID - I've got a couple of things that don't seem to want to connect if it's hidden. What JamesM says above should work - thanks Smiley
WRGal88

I goes as far as entering the password but when I correctly enter it (Double checked) it doesn't authenticate at all. How can I hide it if it doesn't connect to it in the first place?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Not sure how the wireless client on those things works, but is the correct security type selected? I believe it's WPA-PSK by default on the routers we send out. You also need to make sure you're choosing to enter a text password rather than a key that's got a set number of characters (if that's an option).
With regard to hiding the SSID, this is done in the router rather than anything that connects to it - if you've not changed any of the wireless settings in the router from the defaults it won't be hidden.
WRGal88

I have tried changing the security type as well but to no avail. I now have the media player hard wired which although is not ideal does work like a charm so i am guessing that the router itself is working ok.