cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Connection

CraigW
Dabbler

Wireless Connection

I seem to have a problem with my wireless connection.
Randomly over the last 2 or 3 weeks I find I cannot connect via wireless to the router.
The hard wired connection still works but everything that would normally connect (2 laptops & smartphone) don't even see the wireless connection.
The only thing that fixes it is to reboot the router!
Strange thing is all the router LEDs are green which, on the surface, says there's nothing wrong.
Has anyone else had the problem or am I looking at a dying router?
7 REPLIES 7
PhyllisTyne
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Wireless Connection

If its a PN supplied router I have always found wireless a bit flaky - but mainly with a lot of devices attached. They also don't seem to cope very well in congested areas with auto channel selection. have you tried switching to manual and trying a few channels? A wifi scanner on the smartphone might help you choose the best one. Otherwise it might be on its way out. I had a couple replaced because wireless eventually became unusable.
Jon
ghos7em1
Grafter

search technicolor tg582n telnet commands.there are commands that can improve speed and signal strength.it worked for me
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

there are some tweaks here http://npr.me.uk/
you could always switch the wireless on and off rather than rebooting the whole router, rebooting the router too many times can lead to line management kicking in.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
CraigW
Dabbler

Thanks
I'll try the wireless on-off next time it happens.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

You might find this helpful if you're still having the same issue: http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

The current version of inSSIDer isn't free anymore, you could use a more advanced and free alternative instead.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Cheers for the heads up about that ejs!
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team