cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Remote Assistance Easy Connect - suggest a router please

BRABUS
Grafter

Windows Remote Assistance Easy Connect - suggest a router please

I think I am going to need to remote to my wife's grand parents on an ever increasing frequency but it doesn't allow you to use the Easy Connect option any more.  I think I am right in assuming this is because the standard Plus Net Technicolor TG582n do not support IPv6? 
If so please can anyone suggest some reliable yet not astronomically priced routers as I will need to replace mine and at least 3 other routers to be able to offer support to elderly relatives more easily.  Its not even a case of popping around to help them out as they are all over 3 hours drive away.
5 REPLIES 5
Stanman24
Grafter

Re: Windows Remote Assistance Easy Connect - suggest a router please

remote logmein ?
TORPC
Grafter

Have you thought of using the free for private use TeamViewer, it has more functionality and is more user friendly than WRA and you can also chat to your wifes grandparents at the same time, keeping them in the loop step by step of your support  Wink
BRABUS
Grafter

I am always wary of things that are free.  WRA is free because you have already in effect paid for it, so why are TeamViewer giving it away free?  Sorry to sound so distrusting, but I am sure you can see the questions the oldies are going to ask me  Roll_eyes  , they have been brain washed by me not to trust free stuff from the internet....... its my own fault LOL 
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Standard Business Model.
Give away a handful of features that are 'free' in the hope you'll use the 'free' features, like them and then upgrade to use the ones that aren't.
I think LogMeIn doesn't allow file transfer on their free version, but it's one of those things where if you can be bothered, you can get around it.
Some of the free remote apps aren't bad, just compare the feature differences between free and paid and consider whether you'd need the paid ones.
If you don't, they work well.
But the companies hope once you'll start remote supporting one PC, they'll be more PC's down the line and you'll need those paid for features.
TORPC
Grafter

Quote from: BRABUS
I am always wary of things that are free.  WRA is free because you have already in effect paid for it, so why are TeamViewer giving it away free?  Sorry to sound so distrusting, but I am sure you can see the questions the oldies are going to ask me  Roll_eyes  , they have been brain washed by me not to trust free stuff from the internet....... its my own fault LOL 

Alex has summed this up well
From my own experiences with TeamViewer
The free version does cater for file transfer, and I use this feature a lot if I have to transfer files / programs on the fly
Also you can use it to remote into your own / office PC if you work from home and forgot that all important file for the make or break interview  Smiley
The paid versions are 3 figures £ 439.- for their stater Business package for 1 workstation with ( each AddOn £ 79.-)
Therefore it works out cheaper to use the free version works out the best for your needs
Remote Support and Remote Access
Remote Support – no need for any installation on the client side
Remote Administration – 24/7 access to remote computers and servers
Remote Access – access your data and applications – anytime, anywhere
Home Office – access your office computer from home
As a PC repair Business owner
I can hear the kind of questions you are most likely to be asked, as I have heard them all  Wink
I can also hear the kind of responses your likely to encounter,  from the silver surfers  Smiley
good luck