cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will we all get faster speeds?

Jessica
Grafter

Re: Will we all get faster speeds?

I wish I knew what you lot were going on about!  All this talk of adsl2+ and fibre optics.  I’m still trying to get a stable line with adslMAX..
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

If you're seeing instability with Max then one of the positives of ADSL2+ (which is essentially just a newer version of the ADSL technology currently used by Max although there's a few technical differences) is that not only can it offer faster speeds on some lines but on almost all lines it will offer a much more stable connection, especially with the clever stuff that happens behind the scenes at the BT exchange.
We're hoping to have a first few staff trialists online with ADSL2+ this week, when they are we'll be letting you know with a blog.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
techguy
Grafter

Hi Dave
I'll be interested to see what happens when my exchange goes 21CN and ADSL 2+ as I moved onto O2\Be which is of course ADSL2+ with my own router (Netgear DG834N) and it was highly unstable which is why I left.
During my tenure with them (1 month) a firmware update became available for my router which I applied but this made no difference.
However, I'm sure that I'll be able to get help on here if I experience problems (whenever I contacted O2\Be they really couldn't be bothered to help but have been bowled over with support received from Plusnet)
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Hi Mitch,
Glad you're settling in OK. As with any larger organisation, some people will have good and some will have bad experience with service (all aspects). A friend of mine joined O2 earlier this year and he has found their CS very helpful, he also had a dodgy modem/router, they sent him another no problem and no charge. He says their Call Centre is in the UK, they talk and understand english and it's an 0800 number!.
@Jessica
I've just posted in your thread about your disconnects and unstable line and noise. Please pursue.
Regards,
Chris.