cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Plusnet be giving in to the industry?

Sazz181

Will Plusnet be giving in to the industry?

[Deleted]
4 REPLIES 4
scootie
Grafter

Re: Will Plusnet be giving in to the industry?

i very much dobut PN would do that unless it has a high court stamp on the infrocement letter.
mitchell20
Grafter

It wont happen as the ISP's might be able to identify the IP used but how can anyone prove the actual person who's file shared? You just argue that your WiFi is un-secured and someone else stood outside did it.
Mav
Fixes: 514

Hmmmmmmmmmm...
How long before it's made illegal to have an unsecured wireless connection?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

scootie
Grafter

could say you had WEP on and some spotty kid hacked you after reading a 10 minute how to on the web.
I decide to have my ssid as WEP=NO PROTECTION for a week and from half the street using wep or no encpt at all. they all now use wpa ;D.
i find when a new o2 router pops up it is allways unprotected which is strange as i have a o2 firmware speed touch and every time i did a hard reset it had wep as default
and back on topic.
do you think the music companys are getting there lawyers to flex there muscles over in ireland. so they have some pratice at getting these cases through court before coming to uk.
but from the sounds  of it that isp is just rolling over on to its back. so the lawyers will not get much time in court to polish there skills will they.