cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wifi pop up page

Zillbd

Wifi pop up page

Recently got plusnet and now when i click onto my wifi a plusnet pop up page comes up with home, settings, advanced settings and troubleshooting tabs. The internet says connected but it wont let me exit the pop up page therefore i cant search or DO ANYTHING!! Help pleAse
5 REPLIES 5
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

Re: Wifi pop up page

Welcome to the forums, @Zillbd . Is it possible to post a screenshot of that page - I don't quite recognise the description - is this by any chance the router home page - or something else?

What do you mean by 'when I click on my wi-fi?

John
Zillbd

Hi,

"when i click on my wifi". means when i go onto settings to connect, i click my wifi and then this page pops up and won't let me get off with no indication of how to get off it. The internet says connected but cannot access anything. When i click cancel it says "use without internet" and "use other internet connection"

jab1
Legend

I think I've spotted your problem - your router is not correctly set up. Providing you have had notification from Plusnet that your service is live, you need to follow these instructions to set it correctly, but if you have not had this notification, wait until you get it.

1. Connect a device onto the router's WiFi or plug a laptop/PC into the router using an ethernet cable

2. Go to the router's homepage at http://192.168.1.254

3. Click on the Advanced Settings tab

4. Type in the admin password found from the back of the router and click the OK button

5. Click on the Continue to Advanced Settings button then the Broadband tab

6. If there's a Disconnect button, click that

7. Change the username to the broadband username in the format of username@plusdsl.net If you can't remember this I'd check for any emails PLUSNETsent you as they'd add the username to the top of the email.

8. Type in the account password, this can be reset here: https://www.plus.net/forgotpassword/ if needed.

9. Hit the Connect button.

John
Zillbd

you legend mate! rhank you it works now> made my day cheers

jab1
Legend

No problem - glad it got sorted so easily. 😀 👍

John