Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi Fi

greshoff
Grafter

Wi Fi

Hi,
I am using a Billion 7800DXL. Recently 2 iphones struggle to connect to the wifi network. They sometimes will if they are in the same room as the router but disconnect as soon as one walks a few paces away. Most times they will say 'cannot join network' Not sure where the problem lies or how to resolve it. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: Wi Fi

Have you looked to see whether other local routers are competing on same channel as your router?
Use a prog such as SSID.
greshoff
Grafter

HI Thanks for your reply. I haven't used InSSider but have use Xirrus WiFi Inspector which does a similar function. There are no other networks on the channel I am using.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

iDevices can get their wifi configurations screwed.  On the details tab (click the arrow) select "Forget this network" and try again.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

greshoff
Grafter

Thanks for the reply. I have already tried doing this as well as resetting the network on both phones, and hard resetting phones. None of these worked
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

What wireless channel is your router using? Try changing it to something else and see if the signal level reported by your wifi inspector improves.
shure
Grafter

My iPhone (admittedly just a 4) got very temperamental at one stage and refused to connect unless I set the router to Channel 1 (even though 6 looked a stronger channel).  Setting to auto was a no no. And I live in a village with only one other router within range (and sometimes that doesn't even show).  I get the impression Apple WiFi is a delicate little flower.  Have you tried fixing the channel?