cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi Fi connection with tablet

esherapril

Wi Fi connection with tablet

I have just taken delivery of my new android tablet when I try to access my PlusNet wi fi it askes for password but then does not connect there is a padlock symbol on the right hand side of the screen I have managed to connect other wi fi devices to my system any ideas as I’m baffled
WELL I FOUND THE ANSWER
need to put the wireless password on the bottom of the router. It will either be called WPA-PSK or Wireless Key brill it worked
1 REPLY 1
scream
Dabbler

Re: Wi Fi connection with tablet

Yep, that's the one, the wireless password is always printed on the underside of the PN routers.
You can change this too, should you wish to. If you wanted to know how I'll post below;
-Connect the router to the computer with an ethernet cable (temporarily).
-Load up a web browser and put 192.168.1.254 in the address bar.
-The log in details here will be the username 'admin' and the router password that came with the router. This is always 11 digits long and begins with CP, you have to type it in capitals.
-On the Thomson page, select Home Network for the left hand side.
-The click the 'WLAN:PlusnetWireless' option on the page.
-Select 'Configure' from the top right hand corner of the page.
-Scroll to the bottom of the page, you will be able to see a box with your current wireless password in, normally called the Encryption Key, just delete the code and type what you want in,
-Click apply at the bottom.
Don't forget if you do decide to do this, you will need to change the password in all of your devices that are connected to the wireless network, but I guess it would be worth it as its more secure for you.
Or for ease, you could always call PN technical support on 0800 432 0200 24/7.
Smiley