cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why should a customer pay for a month if they have no service for that month?

Rikaitch
Grafter

Why should a customer pay for a month if they have no service for that month?

Another referral of mine has just moved, and BT screwed up. She had no service for the past month, I believe because BT have been working on her green box at the end of the street. All of a sudden sync came on yesterday, which is the first time she's used PN since October 26th, and she's still had to pay for the past month. Customer Services just said "It's not our fault, so we can't offer a refund." Not very good, is it?
4 REPLIES 4
Not applicable

Re: Why should a customer pay for a month if they have no service for that month?

If she has had no service, PN have in the past always refunded the money.
Often by way of pushing the next billing date out into the future, but nevertheless, paying for time you couldn't use their service is not a trick I've heard of them pulling before.
If possible, it would be worth posting up the ticket number where your friend was told they wouldn't get a refund. It may be that an agent needs a little extra training. Wink
Posting up the ticket number will help the Comms guys identify your friend too, so they can make sure the problem gets sorted - quickly!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Why should a customer pay for a month if they have no service for that month?

Hi there Rikaitch,
From what you've said it certainly sounds like we need to refund for the downtime due to the house move - if you PM me your referral's username or ticket number we'll be able to take a look for you.
Hope that helps,
Rikaitch
Grafter

Orbrey and James_H: The ticket number was 23483990. Hope this helps.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Rikaitch,
I've replied to the ticket for your referral, hope that helps. Sorry about the hassle there.