Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why no increase in speed since I changed to premium? Am I on ADSL2+? _ UPDATE

halfchan
Grafter

Why no increase in speed since I changed to premium? Am I on ADSL2+? _ UPDATE

Just got this email Your Question | ID: 30640824
I changed my product to premium this month so I should be on the new network already?
Does this explain why I have no speed increase? Have I acually been changed over? How do I fnd out?

Your username:
Dear ,
We have good news for you. Your telephone line is in an area that can now benefit from our new broadband network (this is known as 21CN).
Over the past year we have been trialling this new broadband network and our trials have now completed. The main advantages of this network are better performance for all of our customers – and of course the new network also allows us to offer faster speeds using the latest ADSL2+ technology.
We will be switching your service over on a like-for-like basis to ADSL rather than ADSL2+, so there will be no need to change any settings on your ADSL router. You will remain on 'up to 8Mbps' speeds but are likely to see a better broadband performance when you’re on the new network.
The change is free of charge and there will be no other changes to your existing broadband account, contract or usage allowance. We expect this to happen within the next 7 to 10 days.
There may be a brief drop in connection for about 5 minutes on the day of the switch over and your speeds may fluctuate a little within the first 10 days after reconnection.
You may receive messages advising on the progress of your order over the next 7 to 10 days. If you receive a message notifying you that the order has failed, don't worry - you don't need to contact us and your service will continue as normal.
[u]If you are interested in going 'up to 20Mb' we have just launched our new products, and you can find more information here: http://www.plus.net/If you have any further questions, then you can easily either call us, or raise a ticket by going to http://help.plus.net
Kind Regards,
Nick Dodds
Head of Customer Support
http://www.plus.net
This email has been sent as it contains important information about your service from Plusnet. Please do not reply to this email, as this is an unmonitored address.
--
Plusnet PLC
Registered Office: Internet House, 2 Tenter Street, Sheffield, S1 4BY
Registered in England no: 3279013

Matt Taylor Training/Comms 4:31pm, Thursday 5th November 2009
Assigned to Customer

13 REPLIES 13
scootie
Grafter

Re: Why no increase i speed?

because they are puting you on adsl not adsl2+ over the 21cn network, am not sure but think they also cap your upstream to 448kbps the same as normal adsl on 20cn,

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

so I am safe until March next year - then I could suffer with you happy trialists - can I have an opt-out please  Embarrassed
scootie
Grafter

with your edited post it will need a PN staffer to look into this for you.
@oldjim. yeah i thought they might be an opt out for these auto transfers
James
Grafter

Re:Why no increase i speed?

Hi Halfchan,
We've moved a number of our customers onto 21CN broadband in the last couple of weeks, you look to be one of those.
If you're not seeing an improvement in speed following your move to Premium, drop me a PM and I'll look into it for you tomorrow.
halfchan
Grafter

Re: Why no increase in speed since I changed to premium? Am I on ADSL2+? _ UPDATE

Well apparently I was not put on 21CN on the 1st of November as ordered due to BT not doing it! Been re-ordered now by PN for Monday 16th November...we shall see..............
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re:Why no increase in speed since I changed to premium? Am I on ADSL2+? _ UPDATE

Sorry for the delay on that, however when it completes it should be all good - let us know if not, as James says above.
halfchan
Grafter

Re: Why no increase in speed since I changed to premium? Am I on ADSL2+? _ UPDATE

Question topic: Your Question | ID: 30663913
ADSL now syncing at 14000+ bps but no download speed increase stil at 6500 bps..does my profile at plusnet need to be changed?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

What does the BT speedtest report for your IP Profile?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
halfchan
Grafter

Cant get BT speed test to work at the moment..I will kepp trying
halfchan
Grafter

Download speedachieved during the test was - 6939 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 1000-99999 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :14008 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 13560 Kbps
The throughput of Best Efforts (BE) classes achieved during the test is - 23.01:22.44:54.55 (SBE:NBE:PBE)
These figures represent the ratio while sententiously passing Sub BE, Normal BE and Priority BE marked traffic.
The results of this test will vary depending on the way your ISP has decided to use these traffic classes. 
Looks like my Plusnet profile is still not set coreectly? shows at 7150
Mand
Grafter

Re:Why no increase in speed since I changed to premium? Am I on ADSL2+? _ UPDATE

I've put you on a nice shiny 14000 profile, enjoy. Smiley
NB We haven't yet recieved a report from BT since you were moved to ADSL2+, when we do this will override any changes I made manually.
halfchan
Grafter

Thanks Mand...appreciate YOUR quick response.  11.68mbps oh yessss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mand
Grafter

Nice. *is jealous*