cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is it so slow?

breakinpig
Rising Star

Why is it so slow?

My internet speeds are routinely 0.1Mbps, how are earth are they so low??? Trying to get hold of someone but no joy.

Do I just have to pay to upgrade to fibre? I wouldn’t mind but the price they’ve quoted is so much higher than the price for new customers. Can I just go to trading standards? This has to be mis selling or something similar...
10 REPLIES 10
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: Why is it so slow?

@breakinpig FYI multi-posting on the same topic (and board) is against forum rules, and will not get you any faster answers.

John
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 76

Why on earth are you starting multiple threads on the same subject?

If you want help with your speeds then ask, or follow the basic checks in the help section, which you would need to do if you got through!

breakinpig
Rising Star

Different topics which I assumed would have different responders with different skillsets...

One post covers the best way to get hold of technical support when phone and chat appears unavailable.

Another covers self help options.

Another covers contractual issues.

Another covers whether upgrading to fibre would help.

Fairly new to the forum so can only apologise if this is not the way to ask questions, tried to delete posts but can't see the option to do so.

jab1
Legend

@breakinpig 'Fairly new' - 4 months and 68 posts doesn't say so. If you have multiple questions on the same general subject - such as you posted on this board - put them all in one topic - PN staff are a little thin on the ground, but those of us who respond from the Community are usually fairly rounded individuals who can answer various questions.

John
breakinpig
Rising Star

All of those posts were when I joined community 4 months ago because issues when switching to Plusnet left me without broadband for a month.

I've used the community once to address one specific issue, hence, "fairly" new

jab1
Legend

OK - but note my other comments. As a community, we try to help, but multiple topics on essentially the same subject from the same poster cause confusion and can lead to errors/omissions.

John
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@jab1 

When I see this sort of nonsense I just ignore the posts assuming that the instigator is just trying to cause fuss and confusion rather than seriously looking for help, not withstanding adding to all the extra work that is being caused for the long suffering Moderators who try to keep things tidy.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

jab1
Legend

Point taken, @Baldrick1  - but sometimes a gentle poke calms the OP down or (maybe) leads them in the right direction. Note I haven't replied to the other very similar post on this board.

John
breakinpig
Rising Star

Hi @jab1, given our respectful conversation, and the unpleasantness by other posters, I’m more than happy to delete this post, do you know if there’s a way I can do that?
jab1
Legend

I will ask the mods to remove the other post on this board, so we keep everything in one place, but please don't create the same posts on the same - or other boards.

John