cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is Postini So Aggressive?

MrToast
Grafter

Why is Postini So Aggressive?

I have all my email delivered but sorted into separate folders for SPAM and HAM. I've set the filtering to the least aggressive. I've also turned off BSB.
After a few months I still find that I’m getting a fair few ‘false positives’ and practically no ‘false negatives’. I’m glad I turned BSB off since I’ve found some wanted messages that failed that test. (They were nearly all circulars including from companies such as British Airways and a professional engineering list)
How do PN rate the accuracy of Postini against the claims made before its introduction, (0.003% fail?) and, why is the balance of failures towards false positives?

4 REPLIES 4
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: Why is Postini So Aggressive?

Probably a good question.  as a rider.  how do people who dont look at these forums, approx 80%, even have a clue that a lot of "Good" e-mails are getting still births  Undecided
artmo
Aspiring Champion

I agree with MrToast.  I often find good emails in my spam folder and despite marking them as 'not spam' a few days later there they are again.  Most of these messages are circulars from companies that I deal with.  Why does this keep happening after I've identified them as good?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I just add them to the white list - seems to be the easiest option
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I think when you add then to the "notspam" e-mail, it just gets forwarded to Postini to take action (if they think fit)  if you add it to your personel white list, which has a finite length, it then doesnt even go to postini.
I keep a list of my Notspams and add them to my e-mail preferences whitelist, so far no repeats,  If you have several from the company then just give the part after the @.