cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why has my package been down graded

mattyswe

Why has my package been down graded

I moved house at the start of June and had my broadband connection moved in conjunction with this move.
Unfortunately you left PN on my fathers line so he could not activate his AOL connection which went down like a lead balloon
My line came on as expected and I had my usual 8mbps connection.
After 2 days my connection died and obviously I was without access to email and essential info for work.
When I contacted PN they told me that my line had ceased but they could not tell me why much to my displeasure. 
Anyway to cut a long story short my line came back on, on the 31st of July and now I am only getting a 1mbps connection which is very frustrating.
I am sure you have been charging me whilst I have had down time and are probably charging me now for my very slow 1mbps connection now.
Please can I have some answers, possibly a good will gesture of a refund……?
This is really starting to……….. Annoy me…..
O and I am still getting grief from my parents…….!
2 REPLIES 2
prichardson
Grafter

Re: Why has my package been down graded

Having done a quick check on the service, there are a number of errors occuring on your line and has dropped the line rate a few times too.
As the line rate is down to your own modem, cabling, telephoen line and exchange equipment, nothing we will have done will have cause the sudden decrease in speeds.
One thing I can see from line statistics is that your not on the shortest of lines and I am not sure you will have had the full 8Mb even if there had been no cut in service.
You could potentially gain an improvement, but not that much.
How do you have your devices setup?
Are you connected from the master socket and do you use any extention cabling.
James
Grafter

Re: Why has my package been down graded

Hi there,
this post may help you get a better understanding of the way that MaxDSL works.  Your line rate is extremely dependant on the synchronisation speeds that you gain from your local exchange.