cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does my profile never get updated correctly?

maximod
Grafter

Why does my profile never get updated correctly?

Over the years when there has been the odd reduced sync rate due to a temporary fault my profile gets reduced to match, but every time the sync is restored back to normal speeds, the profile never gets adjusted back up to match.
Can someone at plusnet please tell me why this is ?
At the moment again my profile has stayed reduced, could someone please adjust this back to match, and explain why it gets reduced but never restored back up ?
Paul.
3 REPLIES 3
JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: Why does my profile never get updated correctly?

Which profile do you mean? There are two profiles, the BT IP profile (as reported by the BT Performance Tester) and the Plusnet Current Line Speed (as reported in the Member Centre;  Go To My Account>Connection Settings>More>High Speed Broadband.)
The BT profile should update instantly if you are on 21CN, but could take around 3 days on 20CN - updating of the PN profile is still rather hit and miss as extensively discussed here:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,101517.0.html
maximod
Grafter

Sorry i mean the Plusnet profile.
I am lead to believe that the "bt end" informs plusnet to in effect set the plusnet  wether this goes up or down ?
So why does it go down , but fails to go up ?
Paul.
JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

Mine has failed to go down and failed to go up (but has also successfully done both when it feels like it!)  Roll_eyes
That's why it's an on-going issue that BT and PN are trying to sort out between themselves. Undecided