cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why does Plusnet offer a service status website?

darkjamzi
Dabbler

Why does Plusnet offer a service status website?

Today my broadband went down. I check service status page and see "no known issues"

After waiting in a queue for 25 minutes, the customer service person says "

You have been affected by a Major Service Outage in your area which is preventing connection to the internet.

Three hours later the internet still doesn't work, and the service status is "no known issues".

Why offer such a thing if it clearly doesn't work? If it had worked that would have saved me a 25 minute wait. Am really [-Censored-]ed off, this reminds me of Virgin Media and they were bad.....

2 REPLIES 2
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: Why does Plusnet offer a service status website?

Hi @darkjamzi

Thanks for getting in touch. I understand your frustration and take your feedback on board.

The reality of the situation is that most outages are picked up and resolved by our suppliers before we're even aware that they existed, or, do not affect a large enough number of people to be classed as a service disruption via our website. Our website would only reflect an outage that affects multiple exchanges or large parts of our infrastructure.

I agree that things could be clearer, however, I would point out that all outages can usually be viewed in real time via the website of our supplier here which might help to identify this quicker for you should this occur again.

My apologies for the inconvenience.

Dave

darkjamzi
Dabbler

Re: Why does Plusnet offer a service status website?

Thanks for the explanation. As the CS person was aware of a MAJOR outage, it surprises me the website was not updated. I tried the link to BT, but their service faulty checker did not mention any faults in my area, and when I put in my telephone number it says:

BT.PNGGuess I'll just have to phone in the future.