cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am i not able to make a payment online??

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Why am i not able to make a payment online??

I'm looking into this.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I have sent your account details over to one of my colleagues from our networks team to further investigate this. It doesn't look like he's in the office today so we may need to follow up next week.

This is going to be an unusual request but please could you hold off from paying your bill over the phone until we've had a look into it? [Unless it's causing you any problems with getting online]

Thanks

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
disgruntled2
Dabbler

I don't mind holding off so long as you can have a word with the billing team so that they don't cut off my broadband!

Thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

We won't restrict your services until the 14th day of failed billing.

Thanks for this.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

We've looked into this and identified the problem

The payment type is set to cheque, because there are no other active payment details on your account

If you update your payment details here you should be able to pay online following a missed payment

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
disgruntled2
Dabbler

Thanks ... it's catch 22 isn't it?

I had problems with incorrect payments being taken when I had my card registered online so I took it off so I could control it but in doing so I am stopped from paying online until after 7 days have passed. Unfortunately by the time I can pay online myself I will be into a late payment so will incur service restrictions (which will probably mean that I can't get online to pay my bill anyway!)

Looks like I've no alternative but to do what I always do ... ring customer support and wait on the phone for half an hour listening to rubbish music until someone becomes free to take my payment over the phone!

What a mess!!

disgruntled2
Dabbler

Just paid my bill over the phone ... rang up at just before 8:00am and waited 15-20 minutes. I guess that I am resigned to have to go through this slog every month until my current contract ends.