cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am i not able to make a payment online??

Emmajones1992

Why am i not able to make a payment online??

As the title says ^

Plus.net/Pay does not work. At all. This has been going on for months and is really frustrating. When is it going to be sorted???????Huh
36 REPLIES 36
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Why am i not able to make a payment online??

Hi , you will be waiting some time for online payments Sad  they have been promising a new payment system for at least

8 years Shocked

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Hi @Emmajones1992

Welcome to the forums, Sorry you're having issues with plus.net/pay its working for other users so am unsure why you're able to access it. I've raised this with our incidents team to take a look and see what's wrong. 

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
notmyname
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Plus.net/Pay does not work. At all.

Try without the capital P's.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Changing Plus.net/Pay to plus.net/pay does work correctly.

Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Pete11
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Works here using all lower case letters.

A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance.
Growing old is inevitable...But growing up is optional.
notmyname
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Just to add, the /Pay part is the only bit that's case sensitive.

disgruntled2
Dabbler

I also have problems with online payments. This has been an ongoing problem for the last couple of years and no one has really tried to solve it for me.

Every month it's the same ... try and pay online and get an error message so ring the payment line and wait 30 minutes listening to terrible background music. Tell the person I speak to that I can't pay online but nothing ever gets done to sort out the problem. Next month start the whole cycle again!
It really is unacceptable that I have to go to such lengths to pay you money!

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Cross-post from https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Want-to-pay-my-bill/m-p/1467818 removed as per Forum rules.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Why are you having to manually pay online each month? With stored, recurring payment medium, I don't understand why this is necessary Huh

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

disgruntled2
Dabbler

When I first joined Plusnet I made the mistake of letting them take automatic payments and it was a disaster. I have never trusted them to take anything automatically since and judging by some of the other comments on this forum there are still problems when allowing Plusnet to take money automatically. I also don't want to store my card details online .. is it so unreasonable for customers to expect that the online payment system works?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

It looks like you're unable to pay online because there isn't an outstanding balance on your account.

When your bill date comes round, can you send me a PM with a screenshot of what happens when you go to www.plus.net/pay? Please ensure you've tried a different web browser and device too.

Thanks,

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@disgruntled2, whilst I appreciate your frustration, the payment system is simply not built to offer the functionality you require. What you're effectively doing is missing payments every month which puts your account in a failed payment state, thus facilitating a late payment online. It's a workaround/hack at best. The billing options we formerly offer are to either pay using a Direct Debit instruction or a stored debit/credit card.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

disgruntled2
Dabbler

All I'm trying to do is what I am told by the chap welcoming me each time I call customer services. He says that 'If you can get online we no longer take payments over the phone' ... and then directs me to www.plus.net/pay

I use the URL and get an error message so then I go back and wait thirty minutes on the phone to pay my bill

disgruntled2
Dabbler

Thanks ... I've tried that before ... the error message I get is the same as others on here have been getting .. Someone in customer services thought it might be because I have cheque down as my payment method so they have raised a request to have the payment method removed

Error

Sorry, An error occurred whilst processing your request.

The error has been recorded and our website team will investigate. Please try again later.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@disgruntled2 wrote:

Thanks ... I've tried that before ... the error message I get is the same as others on here have been getting .. Someone in customer services thought it might be because I have cheque down as my payment method so they have raised a request to have the payment method removed

As far as I'm aware, the only way to do that will be to add card details or a Direct Debit instruction, something you're unwilling to do.

There's a possibility dummy/invalid information can be entered, but again, this is nasty workaround and simply isn't the way the system has been designed.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team