cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am i here....

suesykes
Grafter

Why am i here....

Well its that time of the month again and its back to this.....
Today 09:07 329 kbps (41.1kB/s) 14 kbps (1.75kB/s)
Today 09:05 319 kbps (39.9kB/s) 24 kbps (3kB/s)
Cant play my game, cant watch youtube, cant realy do anything... Plusnet may get awards for customer service, but I would rather see awards for good service.
I'm out today till 1pm... when I get back im gonna do another speed test.. If its the same as the pathetic attempt above I am gonna cancel my payment to plusnet and will go with another provider.
So no sweet talking on the phone guys... If i phone for a MAC key... I want it this time coz I'm off.
5 REPLIES 5
lexusuk
Grafter

Re: Why am i here....

Hi littlerick,
I have tested your line and can see that although the connection is perfectly stable the sync rate for your line is fairly low at 544kbps.  This however may be simply due to the length of your line as our line quality stats are showing a fairly long or low quality connection. 
My recommendation would be to connect your modem/router to the engineers testing socket of your line as pictured:

and to update this thread so we can complete further tests.  Bear in mind that you will not be able to see any improvement on your side simply by connecting to your test socket.  We will have to run a line test to confirm this.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

@Alex,
Can you check the upstream speed as the speed test is horrible
@littlerick
Would it be possible to post your router stats as something is horribly wrong
lexusuk
Grafter

@Oldjim,
Upstream sync is at 448kbps so no issues seen.
suesykes
Grafter

I have been with plusnet since 2007... I have this issue EVERY month or so.    My faceplate has been off since I got connected and I'm getting sick of turning on my PC and hoping I have a connection I can use.
I get a faster line speed when i get a restriction on my account... Its started to become irritating.  I'm paying £20 a month for something that I can use sometimes and not as and when i want to.
I dont want to sit here testing stats and posting information about my connection.. I just want to log in and use my computer for what I got it for.
If plusnet cant give me the service I want, maybe somebody else can.  If not maybe I shouldnt bother at all.
BTW.. todays speed... Today 09:11 337 kbps (42.1kB/s) 78 kbps (9.75kB/s)
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Sorry to hear the monthly issue is still ongoing. Best thing to do would be to raise a fault at http://faults.plus.net and advise in the notes that the fault happens on a monthly basis without fail (along with any other pertinent information regarding the issue) and we'll make sure it gets investigated properly for you.