Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Don't Plusnet Listen? Tale of woe

grahamn
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Why Don't Plusnet Listen? Tale of woe

Not sure if this is the correct forum as it is line related (so phone and Broadband!)....
The sad tale so far is the line was lost two weeks ago due a problem with a BT "line box" (green cabinet) in the street late evening.
This was reported (via mobile after 1/2 hr+ wait time) to plusnet who put in a call to BT OR.
BT attended 14/1 and realised the damage to the wiring was significant, but quote 2-3 days to solve...so by 18th Jan
No update from PN until 17th telling me it's a line issue and it's being worked on!!!
On 18th BT turn up and reconnect us.
On 21/1 PN text to say it's fire damage (we knew that on day one) and it will take until "27/1 to fix" apparently !!!
Spoke to PN CS who didn't see any issue with this strange sequence of comms from them to the customer.
I did have a more positive chat with a Manager, was offered a sweetner to stay and sort out the issues and thought no more of it.
Line then starts to drop again after which I get an "our supplier has cleared the fault" text.....I reply saying I don't think so....no reply for two days then I get "you need to book an engineer then" txt....
(Red rag to a Bull I'm afraid)...I pointed out we still have an OR wagon outside the offending line box.....this made no difference, so called options team instead...
Call the options teams who think 2 weeks with a fault is fine......."another supplier won't make it any quicker sir"...No, but they MIGHT LISTEN.
I'm lost for words....

10 REPLIES 10
Rippong
Grafter

Re: Why Don't Plusnet Listen? Tale of woe

It's bad that the replies are slow, but what do you actually want them to do???
If someone has set fire to the box or it's burnt out, what can they do?
Go and ask the bloke doing the work at the box......
grahamn
Rising Star

"Go and ask the bloke doing the work at the box......"
.... I did back on 14/1. It was "fixed" on 18/1...and then they tinkered some more and it went bad.... and so it goes on....
What do I want - to get OR to resolve the problem at exchange or box as part of the existing fault, not raise another incident eng callout.
OR has been at other houses this morning (clearly they're not with PN) as we all still have problems with the line....I am trying to catch the engineer bfore he goes....
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Sorry to hear about the issue grahamn,
I can see the next step would be booking an engineer to visit you, I'm not 100% why so I'm looking into that. If you could please update ticket 79736881 as to when you can be available (assuming you'd still want to do that) and I'll get that arranged for you.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
grahamn
Rising Star

And down goes the line again!!!!!
Hopefully the engineer will show up at our door...he's 50ft away next door right now.....this is ridiculous. The fault/problem is common to all the houses here.
I put in a ticket TWO week ago and OR were called..it should all be done against that same ticket.
Ticket updated. Im available today...which is TWO weeks after I reported the problem.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I've spoken to our suppliers who are going to progress this without an engineer needing to visit you.
I need to pick this up with them later this afternoon so please look out for further updates to the ticket.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
grahamn
Rising Star

Thank You!  Cheesy
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem, I've just updated the ticket again for you by the way.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
grahamn
Rising Star

Thanks Adam - Yes. I've seen the update and hopefully you've seen my update from the OR Eng I spoke to just before you updated it...Happy to keep dialogue in the ticket now.
Thanks again.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

OK, thanks. I'll get the engineer activity for the weekend cancelled in that case, cheers for the update.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi, just letting you know I've just popped an update on ticket 79736881 for you.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team