Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whoops

dragon2611
Grafter

Whoops

May have accidentally wasted over 200GB of bandwidth  Shocked Undecided  Cry
Basically set something downloading, went to bed and forgot about it, Turns out it had managed to get stuck in a loop where it was erroring at some-point and then deciding to throw it away and start again.
Needless to say I'm not using that download manager any more (it was Pyload Running on a D-link Nas that had a Debian chroot installed)
I'm Glad that it's an unlimited package as that could have been a nasty overage fee, That said I didn't set out to burn bandwidth just for the sake of it and I'm kind of annoyed at not spotting it sooner  Cry
2 REPLIES 2
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Whoops

You might consider changing the title to include "warning" and the product name to grab the attention of other users of this software.
As you suggest, this could have been VERY expensive £200+

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

dragon2611
Grafter

Re: Whoops

To be honest it could happen with any big download if you are using a download manager and the settings are to retry on fail.
It was a sizable FTP transfer and I suspect the control connection was timing out before it finished,
FatRAT also errored on completion but at least it didn't delete the file and start again.