cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who turned on interleaving (20CN)?

TerryBRV
Dabbler

Who turned on interleaving (20CN)?

My broadband line has always been on fast path for years now (interleaving off and trellis on), it's stable with few errors and syncs at the maximum 8128..  At approx 6.40am this morning there was a line drop, it immediately re-synced at 7616 with interleaving ON, trellis off.    I've raised a ticket (75165853) requesting that interleaving be turned off again but wondered why it had been put on in the first place (believe it requires manual intervention on 20CN)?
Terry
14 REPLIES 14
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Who turned on interleaving (20CN)?

The normal setting for interleaving is auto which means the DLM will put it on if it thinks it is needed. That applies to 20CN as well. You must have had a period with significantly higher error counts being logged.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
TerryBRV
Dabbler

Thanks, may explain it although I recall that many years ago I asked for interleaving to be turned off - likely that over time it's probably gone back to auto.  I did check the router stats yesterday and errors were minimal over the previous 10 days.  Since the re-sync there are just a few RS correctables, zero across the board for the rest but then that is now with interleaving on.
Terry
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

I've placed an order to turn interleaving off on your line, this will complete tomorrow.
TerryBRV
Dabbler

Thanks for the attention Chris, however on the ticket it says  "I have placed an order, as per your request, to have Interleaving enabled on your line".  Finger trouble?  Smiley
Terry
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Arghhh typo, it's definitely going off  Crazy
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

It a pain isn't it? I hate that DLM decided to turn on interleaving (worse nightmare for gaming online)
TerryBRV
Dabbler

Half a meg off cruising speed for me, every little helps on 20CN.  Back on fast path again this morning so thanks for sorting it so quickly.
Terry
TerryBRV
Dabbler

Not as resolved as we thought Chris, interleaving went back on shortly before 7am this morning again.  I've updated the ticket, any chance you can make it stay off for good please.   
Terry
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Strange, I'll get this picked up.
TerryBRV
Dabbler

Something odd going on Chris, all day Friday on fast path, woke up Saturday to find back with interleaving back on again.  Seems to stick for almost exactly 24 hours then goes back to fast path.
Terry
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It seems that it feels the need to add interleaving.
The only option we have to set this to off permanently is if you're on 21CN.
It may be worth connecting to your test socket and we can try turning it off again and see if it remains that way.
TerryBRV
Dabbler

Thanks for you help Chris but it's not worth the hassle it will be to connect to the test socket - it's at the wrong end of a fairly large house with no power point handy.  The gain won't be worth the pain especially as I'm going to have to make some changes to the internal stuff when we (hopefully) get fibre next year.     
Terry
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Fair enough Terry, otherwise it would be a case of placing an modify order every other day which isn't feasible.
Hopefully fibre will make its way to you sooner rather than later.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

I been waiting for my fibre since March 2013. And it keep pushing back until March 2014. Disappointed in BTW.