cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who to phone at BT...

spuggy
Dabbler

Who to phone at BT...

Basically I don't want to waste a few hours going through all the menus and talking to people in various parts of the world trying to pin down the right person to talk to, so wondered if anyone here knew a number to call/ dept to go to at BT to sort out a prob I'm having with my line...
The basics of the problem is that my line is only 2Mbs max when BT themselves have told me in the past that I'm expected to reach speeds of 7.  I've tried the BT speedtester and that doesnt return all the advanced information so I think it's safe to assume that Im on a rubbish old line Sad
Any pointers in the right direction would be great and will save me time and money on my mobile Smiley
3 REPLIES 3
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Who to phone at BT...

If the broadband line you are referring to is the one with ourselves then you'd need to contact our support centre rather than BT's.
I'm just having a quick look at your account, will be back in a minute.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The basics of the problem is that my line is only 2Mbs max

Looks like you are on a fixed 2MB circuit rather than Max. I can place an order (free) to get your line moved to Max tomorrow morning.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
spuggy
Dabbler

Woah! Hadnt even finished making my cup of coffee!! Thanks alot Chris, made my day Smiley