cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who to complain to - not impressed

jazzy

Who to complain to - not impressed

Anyone got a name at plus.net to write a complaints letter to? Only been with them a week and far from impressed  Angry
Was previously a metronet customer for years with no problems, but realised i could save some cash by moving over to plus.net.
So i raised a support question on the metronet site asking for a MAC code to move to plus.net to be told not to worry about the MAC code they could change me over without it.
Get a call a few days later and told i just needed to change the @dsl2.net to @plusdsl.net and that was it.
Spent that entire night trying to get it to connect without success, rang them up and discovered the whole username was different as was the password Huh
Anyway, yesterday the broadband stopped working, no adsl light on the router. Raised a support query. Had a call today telling me that BT had placed a PSTN cease on the line.
Cue a call to BT (15min wait) who said there wasn't. Rang back Plus.net (10min wait) there deffo is, rang back BT (20min) there deffo isn't, rang back plus.net (15min) 'oh it's not a pstn cease it's a normal cease'. Goes off to look at it, comes back and it's been put on automatically by their system as the metronet account has been cancelled.
Apparently it'll all be working again this time next week, but not to worry i'll get 25% (£4) off my next bill Angry Angry Angry
In the meantime i'm stuck on their free 0808 number on dial up.
I can see a cancellation coming up and i'll be off elsewhere.
6 REPLIES 6
Ianwild
Grafter

Re: Who to complain to - not impressed

Hi Jazzy,
That is indeed a pretty awful sounding situation. We'll certainly sort out something more appropriate than £4 for you and I hope you'll give us a chance to rectify this on Monday morning, although I don't think there is anything we can do to speed up the broadband re-connection. I've been looking at the whole process of changing from Metronet to Plusnet recently anyway and this is certainly something we need to address ASAP.
Either myself or one of my colleagues from Comms will pick this up on Monday and give you a ring to see what we can do to restore some confidence. You have our apologies - dial-up is not a nice place to be at any time.
Regards,
Ian
Mark
Grafter

Hi jazzy.
I'm really sorry to hear that you've had this problem.
I've given the duty shift manager a ring and she's going to call you. There may be an option or two open to us to get you sorted quickly..
bertie123
Dabbler

Hi Jazzy, as per our conversation i have now sorted this for you, hope you are happy with the outcome, i will monitor the provide order for you, i do not forsee there being any problems with this..  Smiley
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Jazzy - having just moved from Orange - believe me the grass is definitely not greener  Wink
Mal08
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Having just moved from Pipex / Tiscalli - I can most definitely say that as far as I can see it is MOST definitely greener here.
Rather than being one among a huge number with a multinational - whose customer service is abysmal - in the two weeks and three accounts set up here - I have received exemplary customer service with PN .
As for not getting a MAC number from metronet and transferring it to PN - in retrospect it probably would have been simpler and more reliable.
My move from Pipex to PN was very smooth - once I managed to get my PAC number out of Pipex. When the move happened - on the day promised, one minute I was on line via Pipex, the line went dead - I changed user name and password in the router and was back on line in about 2 minutes.
lyndonp
Grafter

I moved from Metronet to Plusnet 2 years ago. There was a little hiccup at PN's end where mine also got cancelled but Mand sorted it out - think I was without it for 4 or 5 days, I wasn't happy at the time like you, but I had one month free as compensation which I was happy with and have to say I have been thoroughly happy with the service both in connection terms and customer service although I have used that rarely as service is so good. It is usually BT that screws my connection up!
In fact so happy got my father-in-law to join up a few weeks ago and got my first referral! He had some issues doing the initial connecting with his router (purely because he didn't know what to do and I was on holiday!), he phoned up the helpdesk and they talked him through setting up his Netgear DG834G router I got him to buy and sorted it all out. He was impressed and so was I when I heard how they had sorted out this new silver haired surfer Grin
Great service - I'd advise forgetting about your problem and put it down as one of those unfortunate things and take the better offer of the compo which it sounds like you will get.