Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is my speed?

meyre68
Grafter

Re: Where is my speed?

Thanks Matt
As of now I'm getting these results

upload speed is very poor still. Due to the poor weather I've not been able to work as much so I can't get a phone to test for noise until next week now. At the moment I'm making a website for my business & uploading files is a pain.
dick:quote
meyre68
Grafter

Sorry for another post (forum police) but I had no option to edit my previous post  Tongue
I've just had the phone engineer call around to test my line. He told me the minimum speed for fiber is 15mbps but at present my line is providing almost the max it can at the minute. He also said although the line passed the test he did it could be better than it is but it passed.
I know my line is capable of 13mbps down and 1.1mbps up on copper. In fact when I first started my contract with you I was getting 12mbps!!! Seeing as I'm not getting even the minimum speed for fiber (according to the engineer) and you cannot provide even the speed that I used to get on copper I'm going to leave plusnet at the first instance if you cannot improve things or lower my monthly cost.
I hope I don't come across as harsh or anything but I'm currently paying you a lot more for less. I realise you can only do your best too. Thanks for checking my problem.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi, from what I can see the fault's been passed back following the engineer's visit as his notes show an underground broadband engineer is needed to work on this further. We'll let you know when we get any more updates.
meyre68
Grafter

Thanks for the email today
Dear Mr Eyre,
Thanks for your query. Our tests show your line is currently connected to the fibre cabinet at a speed of 13.1Mbps, well above your original line estimate of 7.3Mbps .
We're now passing this fault ticket back to you.If your fault is now fixed..,

Great!!

Thanks Wink but still no where near 13mbps. I shall try turning the router & modem off for a while then restart.
After restart:
meyre68
Grafter

I'm trying to watch youtube videos and they keep buffering. It's really annoying me and I think I'll be asking for my MAC if things don't improve.
After a hard days work I want to chill, instead I want to punch 7 bells of Sh*t out of my monitor!
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

You don't need a MAC to move to Virgin Cable.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi meyre68,
I've some further tests on your line and I've identified a Copper Joint Fault. I've arranged for an engineer to go and investigate that for you. The engineer will not require access to your property.
You'll get further updates on Ticket: 80564420.