Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is my Router ?

puddy
Grafter

Re: Where is my Router ?

Quote from: James_G
If you check out the member centre, you should see the tracking number against the hardware order once its despatched..

So why did members of staff tell him on 2 occasions that the router had been dispatched?
If it was that easy staff should have checked their first!
Puddy
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

So why did members of staff tell him on 2 occasions that the router had been dispatched?

I haven't had chance to speak to them yet due to the shift system but I assume they misread the status of the hardware component.

Back to the OPs query, I've just checked and your router has been delivered.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
philipr06
Grafter

Yeah - router has been delivered on thursday but dsl light on solid and wont connect to plusnet.
PlusNet have been TESTING ever since but still no service.
NOT VERY IMPRESSED WITH PLUSNET. I AM A NEW CUSTOMER AND STILL CANNOT CONNECT.
Would be obliged if someone from PlusNet would let me know in plain english exactly what is happening.
MY experience with plusnet not very good !!
James
Grafter

Hi Philip,
It's called a non synchronisation problem.  That basically means that the router isn't able to pick up the broadband signal that's on your telephone line.
That can be caused by a problem on the line/exchange, or with your internal wiring, filters or the router itself.
I'm very sorry that you've had such a poor start to your Plusnet service and I'm sure the faults guys will do whatever they can to get things up and running for you as soon as possible.
philipr06
Grafter

it's not a non sync problem as explained to the support staff.
The dsl light is ON and is in sync !!
philipr06
Grafter

Can someone from PlusNet let me know what is happening with this fault as support tickets are not being answered. Very Frustrating.
philipr06
Grafter

just checked ticket and am disgusted.
you stated on Friday at 2.10 pm that it would take 48-72 hours to resolve this fault. You are now saying it will be thursday before it is actioned again. You are giving me the run around. This is totally unacceptable
James
Grafter

I've just replied to your ticket.  We said that it normally takes 48-72 hours to hear back from BT.
We've checked your fault this morning and BT said that they were unable to see a specific fault on your line.  Because of that we've passed the fault back to them asking them to perform further diagnostic work.
We'll let you know as soon as we've heard back from them.
philipr06
Grafter

some indication as to time scales would be nice
James
Grafter

I'd love to give you them!
It's quite likely that this will require a BT Engineer visit, which depends on when you can be available.  Hopefully we'll know later on today.
You're more than welcome to give me a poke this afternoon and I'll check up on your fault to see if we've heard back from BT.
philipr06
Grafter

Thanks James - I am available mornings this week as I am on the evening shift this week
James
Grafter

Thanks Philip.
Let's see how things pan out this afternoon.
philipr06
Grafter

James - it's now afternoon and have heard nothing - can you check please
James
Grafter

Leave it with me Philip.
Just need to bounce it back to BT again and then we should be able to sort out some engineer times.
James
Grafter

Philip,
Do you know whether your router is currently plugged in and turned on?