Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I go from here?

exporters
Grafter

Where do I go from here?

6 days ago, BT engineer calls & reports:
"Quality Test and Eclipse test passed ok, looks like port reset has reset profile and is ok now,customer happy".
Yes, the customer was happy for 6 days on IP profiles 5000 & d'loads 4.1M - 4.4m.  Excellent.
Day 7 and BT speedtest this morning IP profile 4500 & d'load 4057; this evening IP profile 500 & d'load 385
Summary, back to where I was before the BT engineer arrived.  Hopeless & so disappointing.
Much as I would like to, how can I recommend a service like this to anyone?
86 REPLIES 86
exporters
Grafter

Re: Where do I go from here?

This mornings BT speedtester:-
Download speed  - 171 Kbps
acceptable range of speeds is 50-250 Kbps.
DSL Connection Rate :3616 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 250 Kbps
In 24 hrs exactly,from 4057 d'load & 4500 IP to this.
My patience and faith in PN/BT sorting out an acceptable service is about zero.
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
I've got one of our faults guys looking at this for you now.
exporters
Grafter

Mand, thank you and that gives some comfort; Riyaz sounded helpful this morning but as of 9.15 pm tonight [having been out all day] the BT speedtester is showing:-
Download speed was - 167 Kbps
Acceptable range of speeds is 50-250 Kbps.
Your DSL Connection Rate :4384 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 250 Kbps
Ian
exporters
Grafter

Third day of disaster - virtually unusable B'band speeds.  I don't understand these things but seems every bench mark figure has come down to the lowest common denominator.  Here is the BT speedtest this morning:-
Download speed was - 210 Kbps
For your connection, speeds are 50-250 Kbps.
IP profile on your line is - 250 Kbps
Since my home set up was OK'd by BT 8 days ago and running consistently at 4.4 Megs for six days, surely problem is @ PN or BT exchange?
pierre_pierre
Grafter

exporters
Grafter

Appreciated & thanks PP - part of me feels for the PN folks who must be pulling their hair out trying to re-establish normality. 
I do not understand what this 'unknown' gateway is, all I know is that when I think my d'load figs can get no lower, they do!
pierre_pierre
Grafter

I got thrown onto THN AG3 and mine dropped a bit, just done a resynch and got back to normal, but that is unknown, wont upset you with my speed Smiley
exporters
Grafter

Don't worry PP I'm already upset just thinking of the 4.4 meg d'loads I had earlier in the week! 
Guess I'll just have to be patient until beginning of the week and let the creaks in the system work their way out.  Hopefully someone @ PN will assist then refreshed after a restful w/end, I trust.
exporters
Grafter

Day 5 of disastrousr speeds.  BT speedteste showed at 7.am Mondayr:-
Download speed was - 166 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range  is 50-500 Kbps.
Your DSL Connection Rate :4160 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 500 Kbps
With 'pipes', gateways, etc. [I don't understand the significance nor do I have to] problems, have things behind the PN scene settled down and when can I expect to bet back to 4meg d'loads and a normal service, please?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Your results are nothing to do with pipes, gateways etc. but to your IP Profile which is set automatically by the equipment in the exchange.
You need top find out why you had a series of low sync rates which caused your IP Profile to drop to 250kbps and then only recover to 500kbps
The chances are that this still says 250kbps https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
exporters
Grafter

Many thanks - spoken to PN and raised the point on recovery of sync rate, also BT engineers comment that he had done a 'port reset' when he came 10 days ago.  Incidentally, this then shot the d'load speed up to 4 meg +, with a IP of 5000 kbps. 
My troubles only seemed to start when since pm.last Thur. & through the w/end, severe disconnections brought everything down.  PN confirmed that I was now stable!  Think B'band shows down 0.2, up 0.4
Anyway, thanks for your reply.
exporters
Grafter

Sanity & interest is maintained by reading the forums [how morbid can one get] as I wait for speeds to increase.  Alas, I'm still down at 300/400 with both BT & PN syncs showing 500.  So, from enjoying over 4 Mbps and a crash, after six days little improvement.  However, after the numerous disconnections, which many experienced end last week, the only +ve I can see is my line stability has returned.
Can anyone explain please a BT engineers comment 'reset port at xchange'?  When he did this 10 days ago service levels were great.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The BT technician's comment probably means the fault wasn't cured, just one of its symptoms temporarily ameliorated. Possibly the real fault is intermittent, and as soon as it returned you were soon back in the doldrums.
David
exporters
Grafter

Thanks and you are probably correct - at least I got a short taste of good d/load speeds.
Just have to wait for someone from PN to pick things up - I can't go on like this.