cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I place a complaint?

kevanf1

Where can I place a complaint?

I have a complaint to make and I'm just not sure where/who to contact about it.  In essence my complaint is about at least one of the Plus Net DNS servers.  Every month or two I get allocated a particular server that is nothing short of rubbish.  It will not allow me onto certain areas of the web always timing out with its search for particular URL's.  No, it's not me or my PC as I can get onto that same URL from a neighbour's PC straight away with no problem.  I find I have to remove the phone cable from my router/switch it off for about an hour and await being allocated a fresh IP address and DNS server.  I am sick to death of this!  I always know when I have been allocated this rogue DNS server as my surfing slows right down to a crawl and is always remedied by removing the phone line cable from the router etc. 
So, where do I lodge my complaint?  Anybody know?
3 REPLIES 3
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Where can I place a complaint?

Start by raising a ticket, via Help & Support in the Member Centre.
If they don't know you've got a problem they can't fix it.  Wink
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

If it's an official complaint then you could write in, but to be honest I'll get it investigated from here if you can tell me the IP address of the troublesome one?
Also to solve the issue you can specify which DNS servers you connect to each time, that will stop this from happening. This is usually done in your router but can be specified in the network connection properties of the PC you are using (in case you use a modem) - let me know and I'll advise how.
Hope that helps,
kevanf1

Ok, I'll have to wait until I get that bad one again...  I didn't think to make a note did I Sad  not clever of me I know.  When it happens again I will make a proper note and exclude it from the servers in my router options.
Watch this space 😉
Oh, thank you too Smiley
cp:blue Full quote of preceding post removed as per link:rules mod:end