cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will we get Fast Response Profiles

Allotrope

When will we get Fast Response Profiles

I read about 6 months ago that BT was to introduce a new form of fast response BRAS profile - BRAS Quantification.
So instead of waiting for days to get higher speeds after a "go-slow" incident it would happen immediately if the sync rate of your line increased.
I believe the roll-out was to be late Summer 2011.
Has any Plusnet user had experience of  these new profiles yet?
Has Plusnet implemented them yet? 
I believe Plusnet also apply a profile to their servers which would need to be aligned with the new BT Profiles - if or when they are implemented.
My line has an intermittent fault so that ocassionaly its resyncs to a speed of say 650kbps which then sets my IP profile to 500.
If I manually resync when the line become stable  the sync speed goes to say 1200 kbps but my line is throttled to 500kbps by the BT and Plusnet's profiles.
4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: When will we get Fast Response Profiles

the trials are supposed to end in mid October and then it will be rolled out to all 21CN exchanges - but not 20CN
This gives a bit more information http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,97746.msg825915.html#msg825915
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

@Allotrope
why don't you get BT to fix your line?  Undecided
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Allotrope

Oldjim, thanks for the reference.
I doubt that my rural exchange will be upgraded to 21CN anytime soon - so it looks like I need to chase BT again if I am to get a consistent "high speed" - if 1Mbps is considered high these days!
I have had many vists from BT to try and fix the problem. They have given me a new NTE5,  replaced 300mtres of drop wire to the house and just replaced a section of overhead cable damaged by trees - after 4 months of waiting. This last repair I was assured would fix the problem. It has'nt.
Many thanks for the feedback.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

That's BT for you and there is nothing we can do about it. The same as BT won't enabled my area FTTC and probably never will be.