cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will my speed improve

MakeTeaNotWar
Grafter

When will my speed improve

Just moved house, now syncing at 7.4mbps compared to a previous 5mbps so I'm expecting my PN and BT profiles to increase soon, it's been close to 3 days now but doesn't seem to have improved yet, is there anything wrong? I have heard of profiles getting stuck etc...
6 REPLIES 6
lexusuk
Grafter

Re: When will my speed improve

Hi MakeTeaNotWar,
The profile on our network layer was not matching your updates BT profile of 6500kbps.  I have updated on our systems so that the profiles are consistent.  In the next 30 minutes your connection should drop and then be re-established.  As soon as this occurs your throughput should increase.
dunroaming

Speed issues  Grin Grin Grin
Wish I had speed issues  - 
I have been off line for the 16th day now and still not back on line (this is dial-up) they put me onto a technological roundabout for the past 16 days but no results.  They even made an appointment for BT to call but guess what they failed to turn up.
Today BT told me, what I had told Plusnet ages ago that my Router was probably shot.  It is!  Now I am told I have to wait up to another 5 days for its replacement.  I was in short trousers when I started this.
Guess what, my company, own the building that they all sit in at Sheffield - should be an interesting rent review!
Still waiting Angry Angry Angry Angry
MakeTeaNotWar
Grafter

dunroaming, I feel for you my friend  Sad It's horrible when the wheels grind slowly and you're missing something like the internet!

Thanks Alex!
lexusuk
Grafter

@dunroaming,
I can see that the router has been ordered successfully and now it's just a case of waiting for delivery.  Sadly with only one working day until the weekend the delivery date may be pushed in to early next week.  On the other hand, our routers are regularly delivered over a 24 hour period.
*Fingers crossed for a fast delivery*
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

And (unless thngs have chaged) they fit through a standard letterbox so you don't need to wait in or go down the sorting office with a card to pick it up if you're out when the postman does his round.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
dunroaming

Better complete the story!
The new router arrived today and is working, it only took 17 days to find out what the problem was when they could have sent one before with an envelope to return it if it was not the routers fault.
Sorry was always a supporter of Plusnet but have lost confidence in them now. I have another Plusnet line which I don't use that often but is essential to me when I do - I have decided to close that line as I cannot afford to wait 17 days if that one goes wrong too, I know it could well happen with another server, but never 17 days.
Embarrassed :-[.