cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When i get Fibre Optic ???? will the speed be more consistent ?

timmytoad
Grafter

Re: When i get Fibre Optic ???? will the speed be more consistent ?

Thanks "oldjim" for clearing that up   Smiley Smiley
tim
dick:quote
matt_2k34
Grafter

is it stable?
Yes - very much so.

My second line is less stable, but that is due to the Netgear router being abit flakey recently (since the latest firmware update, it probably wants a good gutting and starting over!) - the screenshot is from a Billion BiPac 7800N router.
As you can see, im on the 80/20 trial and havent had a drop since BT did some maintenance. on the 80/20 i get 60/15... which is probably... 200-300m from the cabinet
Just for concise clarity...
Second question:
BT Sell 40/10 as their BT Infinity product,
PN Sell 40/2 as their Fibre Product (currently - there will be a 80/20 product soon enough.. - or at least an add on for the current product Smiley )
Just remember - when talking service people shout louder when they have problems, than when they have good service. The support I receive personally from PlusNet is second to none, its one of the main reasons both my FTTC lines are with them, and one isnt with BT.
Regards
mikeyriot
Grafter

I'd like to agree with Matt here, the complainers are always louder. I have no idea where my cab is, but my exchange is a couple of miles away and I'm currently synced around 75Mb down and I get 16Mb up. I cant yet comment on the full capability of my line at present, but when I had 40/10 it was rock solid, with the only disconnects being due to myself or a dodgey updated firmware on the supplied netgear. With regards to consistancy, it was mostly running at full speed (with the pro add on) all the time.
Now with you being only meters from the cab, and the cab being only meters from the exchange, I'd expect to see the same at the very least and lower ping times.
timmytoad
Grafter

Thank You lads you have, both of you, increased my confidence in Plus Net and i can't wait to get FTTC  Wink Wink
TIM
matt_2k34
Grafter

No problem, let us know how you get on Smiley
Just as a another reference (i didnt post speedtest etc. before to 'prove' pings etc.
2am, transferring data on my line..
    -   
that would be 7MB/s (not mbit :P) and almost 2MB/s up Smiley
Thats the most 'average' speedtest i have (e.g. download and upload arent the 'most' - and neither is the ping time.. its pretty typical) Smiley
also: i have the pro addon so i dont see any slowdowns / rate limits... the second line does not have pro - but tbh, if you're used to an 'average' ADSL/ADSL2 line, even when capped FTTC seems fast...

A word of warning though:
If/When I have to use someone elses internet connection for something - i end up bored, frustrated and annoyed at latency and poor speed provided.... Fibre is a little... addictive  Wink Particularly if you want to challenge how much you can use in a month.. Smiley  Roll_eyes
Regards