cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When does the fibre router arrive?

Gryzor
Grafter

When does the fibre router arrive?

Having FTTC line activated on the 17th and still no router from PlusNet, its the 11th now should I start panicking?
15 REPLIES 15
KevinG
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: When does the fibre router arrive?

Seems too early to panic to me. In any case, even if the router doesn't arrive it won't stop the installation and you should still be able to connect directly to the modem via ethernet in the meantime, or cadge a "cable" router off someone.
paulpicks21
Grafter

I had FTTC installed on the 1st Feb, the router turned up on the 28th Jan.
I would expect yours to turn up Mon/Tues.
andun84
Rising Star

Having recommended a few people to plusnet I can confirm they leave it pretty close to activation before sending out. Unfortunately on a few occasions this has meant that it arrived after activation but most arrived before.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi Gryzor,
I've looked into this for you. Your router should be with you within 3 - 5 working days. I hope this helps Smiley
mapletree
Grafter

PN certainly sent mine out at the last moment and it arrived about 1/2 hour after the OR installer.
I don't know where the 3-5 working days comes from as it was posted the day before.
I will probably buy myself a different router because the Netgear seems to have some (minor) bugs.
KevinG
Rising Star

Quote from: mapletree
I will probably buy myself a different router because the Netgear seems to have some (minor) bugs.

Such as? I haven't come across anything that affected normal usage.
mapletree
Grafter

Nothing major but the wireless is a bit unreliable, I can't get IP reservations for DHCP to work at all, the web UI is slow, and there are some other minor inconsistencies in the UI.
KevinG
Rising Star

I haven't had any reliability issues with the wireless, but the range is pretty poor. I'm not sure I've tried IP reservations, I just shrink the DHCP range to give me lots of space for static IP addresses if I need them. The web interface has been totally revamped with the latest firmware (1.1.2.50); I don't know whether that addresses your issues, but it seems like an improvement to me.
mapletree
Grafter

Never heard of that version of firmware.  The latest I can find is 1.0.2.42 and it does have a reworked UI, but the problem is still there.
KevinG
Rising Star

The router offered to download it a couple of weeks ago and I let it. Image of new home page attached.
mapletree
Grafter

That looks like a WNR1000v2.  I guess that has different firmware from mine (WNR1000v3).
KevinG
Rising Star

Indeed, and as you say, the Netgear website shows latest version available for the v3 as 1.0.2.42. How nice to get "later" software on an earlier model!
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi mapletree,
Have you tried using reservations without changing the DHCP range?
Jojo Smiley
grahamt
Rising Star

Interesting. My WNR1000v3 has firmware version 1.0.2.30, but when I check for an upgrade I'm told that none is available.
Mind you, having seen complaints about the wireless setup in another thread, not upgrading might be a good thing!
Graham